What is this tree.

Rice

Resident Smart Arse
I bought two trees two years ago in a plant market they had set up near the elephant roundabout.
They sold them to me as lime. One was a lime but this one definitely turned out to be something different.
Has anyone seen this before. I tried a little to see what it tasted like. Happy to report it was not poisonous.
It tasted very guava like. So I suspected a Cherry Guava but looking at photos on the web it does not seem to have those leaves that are representative of guava at their base.
upload_2016-2-2_0-10-19.png

Attachments

• E5_201602 293.jpg
    E5_201602 293.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Its a Thai word about 50 letters long and SWMBO can not translate BUT she says you can eat the fruit.:rolleyes:

Thanks GL. Can you get Mrs GL to write it down and post the name for me. Well at least I am still curious, my damned father in law cut it down because ignorance is bliss. I will have to dig it up and move it if I will want it to survive. Apparently he was angry because it was not the lime as stated.

Thanks GL. Can you get Mrs GL to write it down and post the name for me. Well at least I am still curious, my damned father in law cut it down because ignorance is bliss. I will have to dig it up and move it if I will want it to survive. Apparently he was angry because it was not the lime as stated.

This may take some work..

AND

มะนาวโห่ .Manow-Hor, we have a tree ,member of the lime tree family ,like a lot of Thai plants if you can find a market ,it is said can be used for misdial use's we have pickled some of the fruit , our tree is only 5 years old been fruiting for the past 3 years ,very prolific .

Like I said the tree was cut down but I will dig up the root and move it. Thank you to You and Mrs GL for the home work. Will drop in soon with a few beers.

Back