The Chicken Ranch.

The boss has not lost any chickens due to the heat YET. She is always keeping the water going. She is installing an automatic watering system.

The new Black Chickens this morning.

12963539_994317187282493_1060636158049411150_n.jpg
12993441_994317120615833_5426564888124288647_n.jpg

Useless fact for the day, that I learned on the chicken farm. Did you know that white-feathered chickens with white ear lobes lay white eggs and red-feathered or black ones with red ear lobes lay brown eggs. Ever wondered why there was white and brown eggs? Now you know.

Severe drought conditions affect minor poultry farmers

BANGKOK, 11 April 2016, (NNT) - The Poultry Promotion Association of Thailand has indicated that the severe, ongoing drought conditions in Thailand are affecting poultry farming, especially at minor ranches that are not equipped to deal with the harsh weather.

Association President Chaweewan Kampa explained that extreme heat has diminished the chickens' appetites and water supplies, stunting their growth. She implied that tens of thousands of minor poultry farmers do not have the means to handle these issues.

Ms. Chaweewan predicted trouble in poultry exports, should the severe drought continue through June. During this time period, global demand for Thai poultry reaches a high.

The Association's President also warned poultry farmers that the harsh weather could foster outbreaks of Newcastle disease, an acute respiratory disease that causes depression and a loss of appetite. Farmers who suspect that their chickens have contracted the disease are strongly advised to contact a veterinarian immediately.

She also suggested farmers provide vitamin supplements and install a cooling system in chicken coops, in order to defend against disease.

-- NNT 2016-04-11
footer_n.gif

From TV

Still wise words to heed...

I wear a seat belt though you won't find too many Thais doing it. ;)

And new upgrade for watering. Yes the girls are all fine. BTW this photo is at CR2 all 3 have them in now. They are automatic watering on demand (n red).

12987165_995431757171036_8208826425243386451_n.jpg

How does that work GL?

There is a 35 gallon ben out of site that she keeps full of fresh water and that she adds Vietnams to, this is connected to the watering systems. Each red bowl if you look close has a yellow insert with a brass pin that the chicken peck at to release more water. These birds are smart they got the hang of it with no training.:rolleyes: BTW the red bowls were donated by Mr. T.:D

The black ones are presumably the girls. What variety of bird are they? Can't see any raised beams, branches etc for them to sleep on. Most chickens prefer to sleep off the ground.
Hi Nick ,
Have you any idea what the breed of chickens the brown ones are ? I assume that they are the egg layers , at least that is what I have been told . A friend of mine is trying to buy some layers but at the moment cannot find a supplier in the Surin area , can you please advise of any outlets .
Many thanks in advance

There is a 35 gallon ben out of site that she keeps full of fresh water and that she adds Vietnams to, this is connected to the watering systems. Each red bowl if you look close has a yellow insert with a brass pin that the chicken peck at to release more water. These birds are smart they got the hang of it with no training.:rolleyes: BTW the red bowls were donated by Mr. T.:D
Can they swim? (Vietnams)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back