Electricity Costs

Meter just read 2 minutes ago. Last month's bill Bht 2,300.00, previous about Bht 1,700.00 with minimal a/c.

[A/c being serviced at the present time. Should reduce electricity useage a little].

Bill for April, Bht 1,930.00. Servicing the aircon was a good idea.

I have just now updated the calculator to reflect the most recent FT (although it may also be changed by the user).

What is the amount of your monthly electric without utilizing A/C (ie: Oct - Feb) ?

What is the amount of your monthly electric without utilizing A/C (ie: Oct - Feb) ?

Mine is very similar for each month of the whole year, with about a 20% spread. During the wet season we use the aircon but during the dry, cool season, we use the water pump for watering the garden. Any adjustment to the FT obviously also has an effect.

April/May are always the heaviest months. Not just 3 air cons at night, but with the kids home from school, 2 aircons most days and all day!

During the cooler months my bill averages 3,800baht

Yes, having aircons does add to your electricity bill. However, having 3 pui yings living in a house together adds a lot more to the bill. Don't get me wrong, I love them to bits and certainly wouldn't want to be without them. However, they tend to use energy consuming devices much more than I would use myself. First and foremost is their use of the hot shower, both to wash their bodies twice a day and to wash their hair every other day. They seem to wind the thermostat around to maximum and enjoy luxuriating under the rain shower head for the next 20 minutes of so. Many a time I have nearly been scolded when taking a 5 minute shower without checking the thermostat first. Then there are hair dryers (electric), flat iron tongs (electric) and curling tongs (electric) - essential beauty aids for every pui ying. Not to omit the excessive use of the washing machine. Now you boys will understand that jeans need washing once or twice a year. However, 'young ladies' seem to think jeans and other outer apparel need washing each and every time they are worn.

I am guessing that you leave your computer turned on 24 hours/day also. Not a massive drain but if you work on Bht 10.00/day it's Bht 300.00 p.m. (just a guess) and it all adds up!

[I remember a friend telling my wife that she had bought an energy saving fan which she was informed only used Bht 1.00/hour of electricity. I mentioned that if she left it on 12 hours/day it would consume Bht 360.00 of electric per month]

Pleasant surprise this month. My electric bill is only Bht 1,005.00. The FT has decreased slightly and I have been purposefully reducing unnecessary usage.

Pleasant surprise this month. My electric bill is only Bht 1,005.00. The FT has decreased slightly and I have been purposefully reducing unnecessary usage.
Had mine yesterday .....1037.81
About 350 down on normal ...must be these cool nights with no fans on !!

Back