Ganesha.

Take your pick, maybe yes, maybe no.

Though Ganesha is popularly held to be the son of Shiva and Parvati, the Puranic myths give different versions about his birth. In some he was created by Parvati, in another he was created by Shiva and Parvati, in another he appeared mysteriously and was discovered by Shiva and Parvati or he was born from the elephant headed goddess Malini after she drank Parvati's bath water that had been thrown in the river.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganesha

I just thought it was a nice image to post. I didn't even know that Cher knew Pavaroti!

I don't know his lineage but did he actually drink milk? This was a phenomenon, considered by many Hindus as a miracle, which started on 21 September 1995, in which statues of the Hindu deity Ganesha allegedly "drank" milk offerings, world wide. Ask any Hindu and they will swear it happened. This was not one image somewhere but all world wide.

As Ib has previously discovered there is not a "don't like" button on this forum.

Last edited:
Aren't you glad it wasn't posted in the Pic of Your Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner section (LOL).

You recall the Canadian gal who gave you your 'mercan' terminology on the #drunkalcoholics (or whatever) chat line...all for you Mr Manly Man. :D

Last edited:
Years ago when living in Pattaya, 3 of us, would, on our Friday night rounds of the bars, choose a girl to send to a friend that we did not like. I think this one would have met with our total agreement.

Really...were you put off by just the few tiny-weenie tats or by the English ? :eek:

"a friend that we did not like."

After a month of pondering and reflection upon "a friend that we did not like" , I'm convinced that throughout my entire life I did not have a true friend that I did not like.

Is that a British thing or do you keep strange company?

[Note: I have had friends in the past that I no longer wish to be friends with (or vice versa). Sadly money had played a larger part in those relationships...and one divorce.] :rolleyes:

After a month of pondering and reflection upon "a friend that we did not like" , I'm convinced that throughout my entire life I did not have a true friend that I did not like.

Is that a British thing or do you keep strange company?

[Note: I have had friends in the past that I no longer wish to be friends with (or vice versa). Sadly money had played a larger part in those relationships...and one divorce.] :rolleyes:

Rather bad terminology, but as stated it was on our Friday night tour of the bars, when conceivably we would have been a tad mau. I should of course have said it was for someone of our acquaintance that we did not particularly like.

Back