Green Farmers Book

adam

Surin relic
Probably GL is the one for this, my wife just came home all excited as a couple of government officials had just had a look around our modest farm, took loads of pictures and she was given what she called a green farmers book. I'm sure I was supposed to be more excited, but I was knackered from growing umpteen more banana trees.

What's it for? Anyone know?

Cheers

Probably GL is the one for this, my wife just came home all excited as a couple of government officials had just had a look around our modest farm, took loads of pictures and she was given what she called a green farmers book. I'm sure I was supposed to be more excited, but I was knackered from growing umpteen more banana trees.

What's it for? Anyone know?

Cheers

Still doing research BUT the "green farmers book" as the girls call is by the
BAAC,Bank for Agriculture and Agricultral CO-Operative.
baac-header.png

Which just about every community has one. The book as it was describe to me is an
official listing of SWMBO property. This lets her partake in official discounted loans and government give aways. When I get more info I shall past it on. Now get back to those bananas..:D

Sounds similar to what she has been saying, she seems to think she can get free stuff from the government, such as 35 goats!
I have seen goats around, but who will buy the milk? Or the meat? I'd have a go at making cheese, but I'm not here all the time and would need investment for stainless steel kitchen etc.
Still, nice to see her happy for a change LOL!!

Sounds similar to what she has been saying, she seems to think she can get free stuff from the government, such as 35 goats!
I have seen goats around, but who will buy the milk? Or the meat? I'd have a go at making cheese, but I'm not here all the time and would need investment for stainless steel kitchen etc.

Who knows. :rolleyes:My SWMBO gets her free stuff from other Thai organizations that she is tagged up with not the BAAC. BAAC does have some seriously non exestent interest loans for agricultural as long as "we white man" can back the little lady up. :D

Remember - that is marriage job # 1:
'If you are happy she'll be happy.
If she is happy you'll be happy.'

That's how it works all over the world. ;;red heart;;

Who knows. :rolleyes:My SWMBO gets her free stuff from other Thai organizations that she is tagged up with not the BAAC. BAAC does have some seriously non exestent interest loans for agricultural as long as "we white man" can back the little lady up. :D

You's truly da HNIC...that's fo' sure. ;;haha;;

Remember - that is marriage job # 1:
'If you are happy she'll be happy.
If she is happy you'll be happy.'

That's how it works all over the world. ;;red heart;;

There's an easier way to remember this Coffee.
Happy Wife. Happy Life.

The drama is now beginning!!
So this book is not from a bank, but issued by the government to register a Co-Operative. Our village has apparently applied before, but has not got one as the government officials have visited to check the information, but most of it was lies!! They tried to get 1000baht per ry for rice, but it was fabrication!! It probably doesn't help when 90% of the village cannot read or write.
So my wife formed this coop of 18 people, held a meeting and went back to the government yesterday. As the officials are used to dealing with the 90% above, he says to my wife:-
You need to hold a meeting
Done
You need the minutes of the meeting
Here they are.
You need the ID cards etc of all 18
Copies here Sir.
OK come back tomorrow and we will approve your projects!!

At the meeting last night, the elder person from the village asked to attend, my wife says, of course. The elder person is a woman who as usual here paid the most to the villagers to get the job (I did not let my wife run as I wouldn't bank roll her, anyway she refuses to pay for votes). After the meeting the elder person says that they have 300k baht for a project from the village and would my wife like to share, she said no. Then this morning the elder person goes on the microphone to tell everyone that in fact their project (to make mats) has been rejected. However, if they come up with another project they might get 500K to use.
So the latest seems to be, my wifes farmers coop goes ahead with 18 people and she is now going to help them sort out a project properly so they can get the 500K.

What a pullava!! I'm going back to sea!

The drama is now beginning!!
So this book is not from a bank, but issued by the government to register a Co-Operative. Our village has apparently applied before, but has not got one as the government officials have visited to check the information, but most of it was lies!! They tried to get 1000baht per ry for rice, but it was fabrication!! It probably doesn't help when 90% of the village cannot read or write.
So my wife formed this coop of 18 people, held a meeting and went back to the government yesterday. As the officials are used to dealing with the 90% above, he says to my wife:-
You need to hold a meeting
Done
You need the minutes of the meeting
Here they are.
You need the ID cards etc of all 18
Copies here Sir.
OK come back tomorrow and we will approve your projects!!

At the meeting last night, the elder person from the village asked to attend, my wife says, of course. The elder person is a woman who as usual here paid the most to the villagers to get the job (I did not let my wife run as I wouldn't bank roll her, anyway she refuses to pay for votes). After the meeting the elder person says that they have 300k baht for a project from the village and would my wife like to share, she said no. Then this morning the elder person goes on the microphone to tell everyone that in fact their project (to make mats) has been rejected. However, if they come up with another project they might get 500K to use.
So the latest seems to be, my wifes farmers coop goes ahead with 18 people and she is now going to help them sort out a project properly so they can get the 500K.

What a pullava!! I'm going back to sea!

If this what I think it is, it also happened a couple of years ago (a sort of mitigation against normal rice prices returning after the rice-pledge scam).

My missus received 1,000 Baht per rai and recently applied for the same again. Maximum 10 rai.

Ours is the Kap Choeng District Agricultural Extension Office. This is the office that gave out the 1000baht per rai up to 10 rai which swmbo did receive.

The 1000baht per rai should be happening again. But it looks like they will actually be checking the land this time, when the missus went to the government office the first time, when they called her to come in, they had (I assume) google earth and confirmed where her land was.
So the village meeting is still going on, but the wife has left them to it as they just keep arguing, she is off to sort out her free stuff from the government!!

Still doing research BUT the "green farmers book" as the girls call is by the
BAAC,Bank for Agriculture and Agricultral CO-Operative.
baac-header.png

Which just about every community has one. The book as it was describe to me is an
official listing of SWMBO property. This lets her partake in official discounted loans and government give aways. When I get more info I shall past it on. Now get back to those bananas..:D
I'll try to get a photo of it later, but themissus has it with her. the symbol on it is a walking buddah standing on what looks like a snake.

The 1000baht per rai should be happening again. But it looks like they will actually be checking the land this time, when the missus went to the government office the first time, when they called her to come in, they had (I assume) google earth and confirmed where her land was.
So the village meeting is still going on, but the wife has left them to it as they just keep arguing, she is off to sort out her free stuff from the government!!

They checked "our" land last time - not very seriously though.

220px-Emblem_of_MOAC%2C_Thailand.png
The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives of the Kingdom of Thailand
กระทรวงเกษตรและสหกรณ์
Krasuang Kaset Lae Sahakon
I guess you mean this one Adam.
Varuna on the Naga's Back. Snake in deed.
Varuna is a Hindu guardian deitie, he controls the waters over the land.

220px-Emblem_of_MOAC%2C_Thailand.png
The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives of the Kingdom of Thailand
กระทรวงเกษตรและสหกรณ์
Krasuang Kaset Lae Sahakon
I guess you mean this one Adam.
Varuna on the Naga's Back. Snake in deed.
Varuna is a Hindu guardian deitie, he controls the waters over the land.

Thats the one at Kap Choeng District Agricultural Extension Office.

Back