Trouble with a light switch

Re ohm etc again:

This concerns a fuel meter in a 12V DC system.

The measuring device and signal producer/sender on the tank is something called TS1 from BEP in New Zealand. This stuff is world wide recognized as being of top quality.
It is new and the programming of the unit has been checked twice by people who know what they are doing.
I have no reason to suspect that anything is wrong with the TS1.
The TS1 device operates in the 10-180 ohm range.

The display/meter is a Wema instrument which operates in the 0-190 ohm range.

The resistance in the cabling between TS1 and the Wema instrument is 0 ohm.

The tank is about 75% full, the instrument displays that it is about 95% full.

Is the mismatch between 10-180 ohm and 0-190 ohm enough to make this error?

Any views would be welcome.

adjustable and variable not being the same?

thanks a lot anyway

am after a rheostat were I can vary the resistance between 0 and 20 ohm.

guess I'll skip the wife write down bit, too much hassle to get married just in order to get a fuel meter to display properly

feel confident with the above stuff, some pretty sharp people in several shops in Baan Mo.

wow,
found it locally, in a hardware shop selling lots of vacuum cleaners
they had heaps of electronic components
I just showed them the wiring diagram symbols (American symbol and European symbol) and mumbled potentiometer, 0 --> 20 ohm or 0 --> 30 ohm.
Back home I tested the potmeter. Turned out that the gal in the shop had given me a 0 --> 20 000 ohm thingie.
So back again tomorrow, nice lass!

You have 4 way switches. They are to control a light(s) from 3 separate locations. They can be used as your trying but will only operate the way you are experiencing. You need two single pole switches similar to the first photo in my last post.
Yes in the UK would be called intermediate switches, and as mentioned, to be used in a configuration (mainly on a stairway) where you wanted to operate a light switch from three or more locations.

Yes in the UK would be called intermediate switches, and as mentioned, to be used in a configuration (mainly on a stairway) where you wanted to operate a light switch from three or more locations.
Sorry.....meant operate a light.

Back