Update of the area.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
At Chong Chom. Opened while we were in the colonies. It is on your left across from the 7-11.

21105602_1432972576750283_7803769376895344271_n.jpg

Another update. Road works on the 214 are on going and making progress. About 7 km out of KC the clearing of trees and brush is heavily underway all the to Kap Choeng and to the crossing. Our soi which connects to the 214 look like a lumber mill yard as the locals are going nuts over all the free wood for making charcoal.

Keep in mind if your thinking of driving to Lamduan then to KC at some point you may get on the 24 and it to is under construction from Prasat to Ubon to 4 lanes.

Another update. Road works on the 214 are on going and making progress. About 7 km out of KC the clearing of trees and brush is heavily underway all the to Kap Choeng and to the crossing. Our soi which connects to the 214 look like a lumber mill yard as the locals are going nuts over all the free wood for making charcoal.

It's gonna make it hard to find your soi now with my favorite big tree marker gone. They were all lovely trees along there. But alas, it was always going to be.
But, I will find it. You can't get rid of me that easy. :p

It's gonna make it hard to find your soi now with my favorite big tree marker gone. They were all lovely trees along there. But alas, it was always going to be.
But, I will find it. You can't get rid of me that easy. :p

That big tree on the highway at the entrance of the soi is still standing:eek: but not for long.:D

Time for another update. Charcoal kilns are still in full operations as the locals are still clearing the trees and undergrowth on both sides of the 214. There is private primary work going on. Two major cop stops one about halfway between KC and Prasat and the other halfway between Prasat & Surin. From about 7 km out of KC where the new dual lain 214 ends back to Prasat they are putting the finishing touches on it and it is looking good. At their equipment yard all equipment is out. You may ask WTFII. Some on the 214, some on the 24 east of Prasat working on drainage BUT most of it between
Chalermkarnchana University and the intersection of the 214&its ring, Now thats only a 4 km section but for those that don't know or have short memory thats the section of the 214 the the bitch in red thats is in LONDON payed off her henchmen for bogus work. That section has been redone approxitmaley 20 times that I know of. 44 has had that intersection at the ring redone correctly BUT that red bitch in London is still forking the locals. At some point that wok I hope will get done correctly and the equipment will move on. The other day on our way back from CSN crossing I noticed on the 214 as your coming back towards the CC market and before the crossing split what looked liked a new material and lay down yard being put in on the highway

How about work on the 24? In Prackochai I always take the route to Kresang and then to Surin (on the 226) and on to Lamduan (2077). There has been work in progress on the 24 (4 lane) near Prasat, but I thought it would be finished by now (surprised they didn't in july last year). Is the 24 4-lane already from Prackonchai or am I not thinking Thai-style now (aka am I to impatient)?

The 24 is dual carriageway all the way from Nang Rong to Prakhonchai and from there to Prasat. There are however 2 annoying sets of traffic lights in Prakhonchai, and they are not linked, hence there is usually a 90 second wait at each set.

I live in Prakhonchai and much prefer to travel to Surin via the Plapplachai/Krasang road rather than the 24.

Prakhonchai - Surin Route 24. We have been using that route for the past 6 months or more. Nice road now. Now preferable to the Prakhonchai - Krasang - Surin route.although not as scenic.

How about work on the 24? In Prackochai I always take the route to Kresang and then to Surin (on the 226) and on to Lamduan (2077). There has been work in progress on the 24 (4 lane) near Prasat, but I thought it would be finished by now (surprised they didn't in july last year). Is the 24 4-lane already from Prackonchai or am I not thinking Thai-style now (aka am I to impatient)?

Finished .From the the intersextion of the 24 and 214 in Prasat road work continues on the 24 all the way to Ubon. The 2077 has some road work on it.

I appreciate that the 24 is getting better with the facelift but I've always preferred the 226 and then the 2208 to Prakonchai. [And thereafter via Sa Kaeo if travelling to Bangkok.]

..Need to get back out on the 24 going towards UBON and check out the truckers truck stop for them to lay over before crossing in Cambodia at Chong Chom.
14.6207817358, 103.829632963 (Whore House City)
love1.gif
jumping8.gif
party3.gif

..Need to get back out on the 24 going towards UBON and check out the truckers truck stop for them to lay over before crossing in Cambodia at Chong Chom.
14.6207817358, 103.829632963 (Whore House City)
love1.gif
jumping8.gif
party3.gif

It all got bulldozed a year ago. Don't know if it has been established elsewhere.

Back