New Book written in Surin about Surin

B

bradkam1

I just shipped my new book "Welcome to Amazing Kedon Village" to Mueang Chang Book Stores here in Surin. For those few of you that have never heard of Amazing Kedon Village; it is situated in the northern corner of Amphoe Rattanaburi about 80 clicks from Mueang Surin. For those few who do not understand just what is so amazing about it, well, that is what the book is for! www.facebook.com/amazingkedon1 will get you an image and a synopsis. If you live here, you will enjoy the read. AlohaWTAKV COVER.JPG

Hello bradkam1, I had noticed and clicked upon your sponsor's banner a few days ago.

kedon.jpg

I can now see the connection between your banner and your post above. I think you have since added your rural location to your Facebook page - now we know where you live we can all pop in for a cup of tea whenever we are passing. Welcome to the forum, perhaps you will be so kind as to introduce yourself so that we may get to know you better.

P.S. Good luck with your book sales.

Get to Sisaket often (Daughter goes to school there) Cookoo's Nest, maybe?

Hello bradkam1, I had noticed and clicked upon your sponsor's banner a few days ago.

kedon.jpg

I can now see the connection between your banner and your post above. I think you have since added your rural location to your Facebook page - now we know where you live we can all pop in for a cup of tea whenever we are passing. Welcome to the forum, perhaps you will be so kind as to introduce yourself so that we may get to know you better.

C'mon over!!!

C'mon over!!!
And, pray tell, what differentiates your village from all the other villages in the Province of Surin? Maybe my rose coloured glasses have faded a little but, after 15 years in Thailand - 13 of those in Surin, the magic of the Thai village has now worn a little thin. I once thought I would be happy to live in the village but my wife decided we would be better off living in the big city - Surin. She thought it would be better for me and, more importantly, for our two daughters and their education. The passage of time has confirmed that my wife's decision was the correct one for our family of four. Good luck to you and I hope your venture continues to be so rewarding. :cool::cool::cool:

I think Brad's internet connection is playing up again. Maybe he has lost his 50 MBPS TOT connection and reverted back to his earlier and unreliable CAT Telecom 128 KBPS set up. His responses to this thread seem rather intermittent. Obviously far too busy having fun in Kedon. :D:D:D

kedon.jpg

I thank you and invite anyone who is nearby to come on over! If you get to Kedon, won't be hard to find me. Only farang in the village. Big Pink House!!

I think Brad's internet connection is playing up again. Maybe he has lost his 50 MBPS TOT connection and reverted back to his earlier and unreliable CAT Telecom 128 KBPS set up. His responses to this thread seem rather intermittent. Obviously far too busy having fun in Kedon. :D:D:D
Actually, as a neophyte on the site, I did not know how to respond until just now. I will be "on it" more now!

As Nomad suggested, maybe answer that in the Intro section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I lived there for thirty two years, mostly in and around Honolulu, but did a couple of stints in Hilo. Visited all the Islands often and go back at least 1x per year. Still love Hawaii.
And, pray tell, what differentiates your village from all the other villages in the Province of Surin? Maybe my rose coloured glasses have faded a little but, after 15 years in Thailand - 13 of those in Surin, the magic of the Thai village has now worn a little thin. I once thought I would be happy to live in the village but my wife decided we would be better off living in the big city - Surin. She thought it would be better for me and, more importantly, for our two daughters and their education. The passage of time has confirmed that my wife's decision was the correct one for our family of four. Good luck to you and I hope your venture continues to be so rewarding. :cool::cool::cool:
I would say that there probably is little that differentiates Kedon form the other 162 villages in Surin, though it was, a couple of years ago, adjudicated Number One in the King's "Village Self-Sufficiency" drive. Had a big party to celebrate and everything. The chief difference is I live here, as opposed to another village, which, if you dig, all have a story to tell. Mine just happened in Kedon.

Actually, as a neophyte on the site, I did not know how to respond until just now. I will be "on it" more now!
That is good, I am sure we would all like to get to know you better. That said, you are living out in BoB (Back of Beyond) and a little off the beaten track for most. My wife's family lives out near Sikhor in another BoB but even that is another 50 K's plus from there. I have made it up to Ta Tum a couple of times for the Dragon boat races and a wedding but that's about it. I find the hills and jungles to the south of the province a little more interesting to explore than the flatter and more barren north.

Welcome, Brad. Good to have another American on board. Would love to one day sit down with you over a beer or coffee or two and talk to you about your book and publishing, etc. Also, when you are looking for some American foods stop by my Starbeam Restaurant for a bite. Facebook link and directions are in my tagline. Hope to meet up some day.

Mike/Cent

Back