'Beach bar' opening by Frenchman

The pictures look very good.

Best of luck with the opening and the success of your business.

Last edited:
The Prakhonchai lads would have loved to have been in Surin for the opening party. Unfortunately, this clashes with the Elephant festival weekend, and we would be totally unable to find accommodation locally.

I am sure I can speak for all of us in wishing you all a very enjoyable evening and a great success for your bar.

We will hope to call in at some later time.

Opening of the Beach this Saturday

Minus 2 days. Still busy putting up signboards and lights on our private beach, prepping the food and running some tests on the cocktails. After 3 or 4 tests, they all taste great anyway.
We will have free Paella and pork liver terrine, chicken liver creamy pate, salmon tartare and rillettes and if I'm not too lazy duck rillettes, Pat will probably cook her legendary Isaan beef soup, yam seafood and maybe laab, desert wise we will have apple mango crumble, creme caramel and expresso panacotta.
Hope to see you guys Saturday or later and meet some farang fron Surin.
The Koh Tao Charlie
Cheers
Save water drink beer

While we were shopping at Big C, a Frenchman named Francois wandered up and handed me a card for The Beach and offered a personal invitation to attend the opening on Saturday evening. Nice to meet you, Francois. Unfortunately, I expect to be part of a pickup full of family attending the Light and Sound show down Prasat way at exactly the same time (6pm) so will have to drop in for my Sang Som/Coke on another occasion.

On the card, I learned the following: Bar - Tartines - Wines - Rock & Roll.

Opposite Victoria Karaoke - Open 5pm till 3am - Free WiFi - Free Pool

thebeachsurin@gmail.com - Facebook: The Beach In Surin

There you go, another free advertisement for an addition to Surin nightlife. Hope it all goes well.

Off-Topic, sorry but the light&sound show is not In Prasat

I did not want to bust his bubble on that one. But I think he has worked that one out now.

Reminds of the old Joke. "AB asks where is Sikhoraphum" Well do you know where Prasat is ? ?? "Well its no where near there"

I did not want to bust his bubble on that one. But I think he has worked that one out now.

Reminds of the old Joke. "AB asks where is Sikhoraphum" Well do you know where Prasat is ? ?? "Well its no where near there"

Moral of the story is to never ask directions from a Thai (fortunately not our pickup pilot who does know where to go - I hope)! Rice's directions were very clear to me, but I am assured that we are going via the "shortcut" from our place - hmm!

Now, we had better give this thread back to the Riviera.

Last edited by a moderator:
While we were shopping at Big C, a Frenchman named Francois wandered up and handed me a card for The Beach and offered a personal invitation to attend the opening on Saturday evening. Nice to meet you, Francois. Unfortunately, I expect to be part of a pickup full of family attending the Light and Sound show down Prasat way at exactly the same time (6pm) so will have to drop in for my Sang Som/Coke on another occasion.

On the card, I learned the following: Bar - Tartines - Wines - Rock & Roll.

Opposite Victoria Karaoke - Open 5pm till 3am - Free WiFi - Free Pool

thebeachsurin@gmail.com - Facebook: The Beach In Surin

There you go, another free advertisement for an addition to Surin nightlife. Hope it all goes well.

Thank's Bill see you soon, take care

Couple photos, opening night

WP_20141115_005_Custom.jpg

WP_20141115_003_Custom.jpg

WP_20141115_004_Custom.jpg

Looks nice and the food on the FB page looks great, I hope to be there around Christmas.

Interestingly more international as the photo shows a cask of Mont Clair wine which comes from South Africa, none the less, I am sure it will wash down the food well.

I think my 'little old legs' will have trouble sitting down to the table shown in the pics. Never be able to get up again, especially after a few Changs. Chokdee5Chokdee5

Bonne chance to Francoise and Pat

Wonderful hosts and a very innovative plan for Surin's Soi Cola.

From my perspective opening night was quite successful 19:00 - 21:00.

If the young affluent Thais frequent this concept bar it should become a successful venture. Essential to the business comes a big welcoming smile behind the bar.

Where else in Surin can you get Sex on the Beach or a Mojito fixed proper from 18:00 into the wee hours ? Chokdee5

Welcome to Surin Francoise & Pat - wishing you the best of luck !

Back