'Beach bar' opening by Frenchman

I'm already salivating at the idea of "tartines avec rillettes de porc" and some shaken margaritas ... à mercredi Francois .. je serais accompagné de deux lascars anglais qui ont réellement besoin de bonne éducation alimentaire !!!!

Firstly …. yeah!!! we have a beach in Surin, I'll be sure to book a days diving for the weekend!

I was surprised with the amount of negative posts, even from people who haven't even been to this new vibrant bar….

'Happy Hour' is a promotion when you either get a FREE drink or a drink at a reduced price between certain hours, the promotion in question is buy 2 beers between 6pm and 8pm and you get a free one! I'm sure its not a requirement that you have to be 'happy' during those hours although you should be, because you have got something for FREE….

We all have our own vision of what makes the perfect bar, from decor and comfort to the vibe, friendly staff (owners) consistency, music, quality of food and drink and of course; most importantly is the price.

I think the prices they have set is excellent value for cocktails etc.., delicious and well presented exciting new food in SURIN for under 120 Baht.. The beer prices might need to go under review, although maybe its intentional !! (keeping the rifraf outside 7/11)

The owners are already listening to customer comments and have already ordered tables and chairs with legs…. you never know; we might get the Sea next :)

Wishing Pat and François all the best in their new venture and adventure !!

Michael :)

Thank you Mike for this nice post. We will keep the happy hour starting now at 4pm, right when we open, just to get some more comments and more importantly to keep our customers happy and smiling.
We served some teachers yesterday a beautiful paella, Patrick can confirm. feeds 4 voracious appetites and goes at 800 baths including 4 glasses of sangria. Just order the day before at fderiviere71@gmail.com
Cheers and see you soon

Agree, there is no doubt about the food quality.

Challenging though, I think it is hard (particularly for a single shop house) to be both a bar and a restaurant.
The Beach, with loud music, people all singing drunk together, dancing all around, wouldn't work for a sit down restaurant. That's what makes The Beach what it is and such a success. If he toned it down and tried to make it a restaurant it would just be another Farang Connection or Norbies and loose all of his business. The food at The Beach is about the best in Surin but you have to eat in a bar atmosphere.

The Beach, with loud music, people all singing drunk together, dancing all around, wouldn't work for a sit down restaurant. That's what makes The Beach what it is and such a success. If he toned it down and tried to make it a restaurant it would just be another Farang Connection or Norbies and loose all of his business. The food at The Beach is about the best in Surin but you have to eat in a bar atmosphere.

I think that is spot on Joe.

I might therefore question the benefit of producing something like a paella which is better suited to a sit down restaurant style.

His canapes are excellent, maybe concentrating on things like this may be a more natural fit with the environment.

He is changing it up all the time, 1 week burger & fries, next pulled pork sandwich, then cottage pie, all really easy to eat bar food & everything I have eaten was fantastic, it’s the most fun place in Surin by a mile & I’m thankful they have come to Surin.

Forget the seating it’s like a proper bar where you can dance & eat your burger at the same time, perfect place to take your wife, mia noi or kick :)

The owners are awesome.

Everybody has a opinion yet nobody has done anything better.

He is changing it up all the time, 1 week burger & fries, next pulled pork sandwich, then cottage pie, all really easy to eat bar food & everything I have eaten was fantastic, it’s the most fun place in Surin by a mile & I’m thankful they have come to Surin.

Forget the seating it’s like a proper bar where you can dance & eat your burger at the same time, perfect place to take your wife, mia noi or kick :)

The owners are awesome.

Everybody has a opinion yet nobody has done anything better.

The mental image of you shaking your stuff whilst eating a burger is enough to put anyone off from going.... LMAO1

(oops sorry, is this not the barstool section.....)

Back