Beach bar expanding

F

fansuhua55

Oh yes, sitting used to be terrible and the food lacked any proper table. Opening at 4 pm meant that early birds couldn't enjoy it. All of this is changing no as the Beach bar is opening another unit next door, maybe a bit too close from N, but we weren't left the choice. On the menu, opening at 9 am for Aussie, English, American breakfast, set lunch and dinner in a proper restaurant setting, meaning tables and chairs, sports corner and book exchange and a proper pool table. Extended outdoor terrace to chill out. Food ill focus on burgers and barbecued meats, fish and chips, all cooked by Lee and I will still do some specials every week or whenever the inspiration comes to me. Bar action will continue as usual until early morning.
Knocking off the walls between the to units should happen in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread has been pruned and slight amendments made to OP's post, so as not to contravene the following forum rules bearing in mind this section is also open to the general public to view.

2.1) You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use Surin Farang Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Last edited:
Oh yes, sitting used to be terrible and the food lacked any proper table. Opening at 4 pm meant that early birds couldn't enjoy it. All of this is changing no as the Beach bar is opening another unit next door, maybe a bit too close from N, but we weren't left the choice. On the menu, opening at 9 am for Aussie, English, American breakfast, set lunch and dinner in a proper restaurant setting, meaning tables and chairs, sports corner and book exchange and a proper pool table. Extended outdoor terrace to chill out. Food ill focus on burgers and barbecued meats, fish and chips, all cooked by Lee and I will still do some specials every week or whenever the inspiration comes to me. Bar action will continue as usual until early morning.
Knocking off the walls between the to units should happen in the next couple of weeks.

Is the new venue on the corner with an open staircase outside ?

N&N on the left and The Beach on the right with the the unit under discussion between them.

11834795_873339932713553_6316715876177984854_o.jpg

Just out of interest, I was told by Martin when he knocked out the walls between the FC and the phone shop next door to form a double unit he was required to deposit Bht 250,000 with the owner in order to rebuild the walls should he terminate the lease. One would assume that as the FC is still a double unit, that "deposit" is still being held.

Is this the same requirement of the Soi Kola units owners?

Just out of interest, I was told by Martin when he knocked out the walls between the FC and the phone shop next door to form a double unit he was required to deposit Bht 250,000 with the owner in order to rebuild the walls should he terminate the lease. One would assume that as the FC is still a double unit, that "deposit" is still being held.

With farangs generally having language problems here in Thailand and many of our ladies being unable to comprehend what we want, let alone discuss with others, it often makes sense to have a lawyer assist when contracts etc are being negotiated..................as long as they dont charge silly money!

With farangs generally having language problems here in Thailand and many of our ladies being unable to comprehend what we want, let alone discuss with others, it often makes sense to have a lawyer assist when contracts etc are being negotiated..................as long as they dont charge silly money!

Ask N&N next door. Besides The Beach could buy out N&N and make their business a 4 unit complex. Its only money.shrug1

I wasn't thinking of purchasing Nobbi's Nick. Nor any other establishment for that matter.

I have used an "expensive" lawyer in the past for the few legal matters I have needed to transact.

That's the same owners and N=N's place has always been a double unit without a wall between. When we were there ( Beaches place now ) there was a disco called Heaven.

"Is this the same requirement of the Soi Kola units owners"

No. It's not the same.

"Is this the same requirement of the Soi Kola units owners"

No. It's not the same.
Then the whole area Soi Kola must be sold. I talk about the past when we had our bar there and we would not get a permission to knoch the wall down.

Westie, don't forget...

...to post the video p4rty
Supertramp or Pearl Jam wouldn't be bad music picks either.

I forgot...

...he's Aussie. Crazy1
AC/DC is requisite !p4rty

(ps: They're playing at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro later this month ;-)

Back