No more 15 or 30 day visa exempt at border crossings.

I guess the international airport arrivals are still providing visa exemptions for those who qualify.

From TV. RT@RichardBarrow: Thai Immigration are under a microscope for alleged corruption. So expect a tightening of rules soon. Best advice is make sure you're legal.

No more Dodge O's. LMAO1LMAO1LMAO1LMAO1
I see people in Pattaya and so on selling visas on facebook even.
Because I go in-and-out out a few times a year a one year O from Laos suits me no hassles cost 5000 B .
I have a lot of business in the UK coming up so it's great.
Can't see people's problems getting visas. :cool:

Sent from my Star using Tapatalk

I see people in Pattaya and so on selling visas on facebook even.
Because I go in-and-out out a few times a year a one year O from Laos suits me no hassles cost 5000 B .
I have a lot of business in the UK coming up so it's great.
Can't see people's problems getting visas. :cool:

Alan, do you get marriage or retirement Non O and do you have to evidence any income or money in the bank.

Alan, do you get marriage or retirement Non O and do you have to evidence any income or money in the bank.
Marriage, they used to ask to show money but not anymore, I take statements anyway just in case .
So Yea it's a massage based visa.

A mate got a Non "O" there last week without bank funds.
I'm surprised (but pleased) it hasn't been stopped already!

A NON O visa based on marriage at Savannakhet has never required any proof of money. Saying that there has been a report or two where an individual was asked to produce proof as to his stability. Savannahketh is the only Thai Consult in SE Asia to offer this. Savannahketh only offers a 90 day single entry O for retirement and you must show proof of funds inside Thailand. As for much longer this O based on marriage will be offered is anyone guess.

A NON O visa based on marriage at Savannakhet has never required any proof of money. Saying that there has been a report or two where an individual was asked to produce proof as to his stability. Savannahketh is the only Thai Consult in SE Asia to offer this. Savannahketh only offers a 90 day single entry O for retirement and you must show proof of funds inside Thailand. As for much longer this O based on marriage will be offered is anyone guess.

I don't think it will finish GL. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't need to be based only on marriage either. The way I interpret the law is that it will be issued if you support a Thai child as well. To my way of thinking, it's the best visa/extension available for long stay. I won't be changing any time soon. About 3 minutes all up face to face with a Thai is about as long a you need to submit and collect.

I don't think it will finish GL. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't need to be based only on marriage either. The way I interpret the law is that it will be issued if you support a Thai child as well. To my way of thinking, it's the best visa/extension available for long stay. I won't be changing any time soon. About 3 minutes all up face to face with a Thai is about as long a you need to submit and collect.

Your correct on the Thai child but you will need a Thai court order stating your the father. I'm aware of this visa option and who is on it. I personally want it to stay an option as it is very viable option BUT I like some other keep wondering how much longer tell it gets dumped. BTW pay an extra 300 baht and collect it the same day.

Last edited:
Your correct on the Thai child but you will need a Thai court order stating your the father. I'm aware of this visa option and who is on it. I personally want it to stay an option as it is very viable option BUT I like some other keep wondering how much longer tell it gets dumped. BTW pay an extra 300 baht and collect it the same day.

Don't need a court order if you have the birth certificate showing that same proof. The 300 baht extra is very interesting...try it next time.

Don't need a court order if you have the birth certificate showing that same proof. The 300 baht extra is very interesting...try it next time.

From a tout at the bridge this past Monday.p4rty Drop off in the morning and pu by 4 pm.

This is the route my friend is taking. I visited Immigration locally with him afterwards and they told him to
1) get document from local Amphur stating that he"s the child's "guardian" . That wasn't an easy task as they (Amphur) were clueless.
2) get official translation of his passport inc arrival card plus birth certificate ( which is in Thai?). This can be done at main passport office (now) just outside Ubon.

These hoops have not yet been completed BTW.

Back