Sydney Canale new ownership

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
An Aussie guy named Richard has taken over the Sydney Canale restaurant (opposite the Ramphet 2 private hospital). Met him the other night. Seems like a nice guy with some good ideas. They open on Monday he said. He'll be doing deliveries, imported Aussie beef steaks, wood fired pizzas, burgers and stuff. Aussie wines too. Said he will be open from 8 a.m. (doing breakfasts too) and will close at 9 p.m..

I think he will be changing the name of the place as well.

An Aussie guy named Richard has taken over the Sydney Canale restaurant (opposite the Ramphet 2 private hospital). Met him the other night. Seems like a nice guy with some good ideas. They open on Monday he said. He'll be doing deliveries, imported Aussie beef steaks, wood fired pizzas, burgers and stuff. Aussie wines too. Said he will be open from 8 a.m. (doing breakfasts too) and will close at 9 p.m..

Anything should be an improvement , them Imported steaks are all well and good until you pay 600B for four or five mouths full of meat .

Anything should be an improvement , them Imported steaks are all well and good until you pay 600B for four or five mouths full of meat .
Thats what the French call 'nouveau cuisine'. Two of three small mouthfuls on a large plate and a big hole in your pocket when you come to pay for it. Got caught out a few times when I was traveling but not any longer. 555!

An Aussie guy named Richard has taken over the Sydney Canale restaurant (opposite the Ramphet 2 private hospital). Met him the other night. Seems like a nice guy with some good ideas.

I didn't know the Sydney Canale restaurant was for sale. Possibly it was a private tender.

I did notice another dinner restaurant named White House "featuring steaks" was thriving Friday nights on the 226 (across from Honda) heading from Big C towards Robinsons.

When one is unemployed and on a budget one must watch one's 'disposable' thousand bhat notes...this shyte flies quickly in LOS particularly when the family weighs in at the trough.

Surely Cent you got your fill of USDA Prime beef while you were in the States.

OK, I had the marinated chicken sandwich. Very tasty chicken, he used a sauce he made as well, sorta marinara style , good cheese, bap from Korat Chef (very tasty), Iceburg lettuce, which I prefer. And a small basket of french fries done nicely. 'Twas good. Plus I had a large Heineken.

He'd like to speak with you, Alan, as I told him you may know a metal worker who can make a steel door for that wood fired type pizza oven in the wall there. Stop by and have a chat with him if you are around. Open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.

22195502_10214103237197025_3315276237017670631_n.jpg

22154358_10214103237437031_7499938738789201355_n.jpg

22089246_10214103237757039_575143986846165034_n.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I had the marinated chicken sandwich. Very tasty chicken, he used a sauce he made as well, sorta marinara style , good cheese, bap from Korat Chef (very tasty), Iceburg lettuce, which I prefer. And a small basket of french fries done nicely. 'Twas good.

He'd like to speak with you, Alan, as I told him you may know a metal worker who can make a steel door for that wood fired type pizza oven in the wall there. Stop by and have a chat with him if you are around. Open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Ok mate

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Could be worth a look.

We went last night and it is well worth a visit.
Wood had garlic prawns and chicken parmi (chicken breast topped with tomato sauce which I think was home made and cheese), I wasnt very hungry and had a grilled chicken caesar salad.
Their menu had different dishes to 214 and Starbeams so I hope all 3 can thrive.
The Aussie owner and his wife were very friendly

Wood had garlic prawns and chicken parmi (chicken breast topped with tomato sauce which I think was home made and cheese), I wasnt very hungry and had a grilled chicken caesar salad.
Their menu had different dishes to 214 and Starbeams so I hope all 3 can thrive.
On the bucket list.

We went there at lunchtime, and by chance I had the same combination as Colin except that my Aussie Chicken Parmi also included bacon, cheese, and omelette too. It was a vast portion... but tasty and not too expensive. MBH enjoyed her fried chicken wings followed by Pad Thai Gung.

Rick says that he hopes to introduce a weekly special to his menu, and "theme days/nights" such as a Mexican event for example. He comes to Surin after years of experience running hotels and restaurants in Australia. Very friendly people who should do well without impacting negatively on their fellow restaurateurs. I can't be alone in enjoying variety in my choice of places to eat.

He might want to join S F so he can promote his foods [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Back