Tam Tam now open /Pizza thread.

I fear that you have not been exposed to ‘real’ pizzas. Pizza Company are crap IMO, far too doughy. Each to their own and whatever floats your boat is what matters. Proper pizzas are thin crust and no one does them like the Italians.
Then I think you need to go to Australia and get great pizzas .
Thin crust is like paper, but up to you .
I still think Pizza Company in surin is Number one for me .
I have been exposed to lots of pizzas you are very wrong to think that .
As I said that’s is what I think , up to me and up to you .

Then I think you need to go to Australia and get great pizzas .
Thin crust is like paper, but up to you .
I still think Pizza Company in surin is Number one for me .
I have been exposed to lots of pizzas you are very wrong to think that .
As I said that’s is what I think , up to me and up to you .

Personally, I would go to Rome for pizza.

I would go to Buriram ahead of the Pizza Co...... Roma being the best, although Muang Pizza is good.

Personally, I would go to Rome for pizza.

I would go to Buriram ahead of the Pizza Co...... Roma being the best, although Muang Pizza is good.
Ok I have been to Roma Buriram as well , his Pizza are not that good , but his pizza that looks like a pasty is great .
Still I like Pizza Company , up to me and up to you .
Pizza in thailand are not that good , have had them all over, I think I have been spoiled have get Pizzas back home .

I am a big pizza fan but, living here, I make them from scratch, even home made dough.
By far, the best pizza I have had is from a parlour in Albury NSW, where I come from, tripple bacon with fresh herbs, absolutly AROY.

Unlike most members on this forum, I have lived in Italy, Sardinia, for 3 years in the mid-seventies. I can say with a high degree of confidence that Tam Tam's pizzas are as close to the real deal as you are likely to get. His restuarant lacks the ambience of a court yard setting under the starry Mediterranean nights and he does not have the traditional wood fired stone oven found in so many pizzarias. Nor is there an abundance of cheap red wine flowing readily at the table. Other than that, the range and quality of his pizzas are very authentic in a good setting too.

I definitely prefer Tam Tam's pizzas to the fast food chain's offerings. Unfortunately, my wife and two daughters have never experienced the pleasure of eating in genuine Italian pizzarias and prefer the offerings to be found in Thai fast food outlets. Our tastes in good food is as different as our cultures. o_Oo_Oo_O

Very true. Like the Chinese & Indian dishes served in UK, nothing like the food served up in those countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic but perhaps money laundering only works when you have money to launder.
A good restaurant in Kantheralak ? Maybe cuz it's full of rich guys.
Look at these houses priced to 32,000.000 baht in Kantheralak. They look farang,

www.thailand-property.com/houses-for-sale/sisaket

Who's living there and is there something the rest of us are missing out on?
Don't know and not a lot. Never been down that far but a quick Google suggests Kantheralak is as isolated as most of the villages on the Tibetan Plateau. Looks like the ideal place for the quiet life.

But it looks like there's a lot of folks moving on. I didn't realise Kantharalak was that big?
It’s been trying to be it’s own independent province for a while now. It’s one of those places that has a large farang community spread out all over the countryside.
@george. Norbert is a friend of Franks and his place seems to be very popular, maybe because it’s also like a pub with a counter & bar stools? Definitely worth the ride out (from SSK). There is apparently 2. Other farang place there too but I have never been to them.

Nothing againts Tam Tam but i rate Italian pizza just abouve Thai pizza. New York or Chicago for me. Locally its Pizza Co. If you have the ability then home made is number 1.

I ‘discovered’ so-called real , non-fast food pizza in Brixton, Salf London.
I lend an Italian guy start-up funds to open a small shop in the market. His pizza’s were the best (to me).
Hope he prospered as it was a long time ago.

With a dearth of real pizzas, people have grown accustomed to what is available...ie Pizza Hut and Pizza Co. Give them the real thing and they dislike it. Much the same as British India Curries (where are you Rik? start cooking again please :)) They are what we Brits grew up with, but are totally different to real Indian food available in India, which I suspect many farang would dislike.

Off topic but perhaps money laundering only works when you have money to launder.
A good restaurant in Kantheralak ? Maybe cuz it's full of rich guys.
Look at these houses priced to 32,000.000 baht in Kantheralak. They look farang,

www.thailand-property.com/houses-for-sale/sisaket

Who's living there and is there something the rest of us are missing out on?

Thanks had a look at those houses prices , I think most of them are dreaming to get that price , but they are lots of Lambs to the slaughter in Thailand.

Thanks had a look at those houses prices , I think most of them are dreaming to get that price , but they are lots of Lambs to the slaughter in Thailand.
There are also a lot of Lambo’s , Ferrari’s & Porsche’s around so someone must be ‘minted’ here!!!! ( not I ) .

There are a lot of different styles of pizza, dough, sauce, cheeses for pizzas, even in Italy there are many different styles. Same in France I found. So preferences are a moot point when arguing pizza really. It depends on your tastes.

My personal preference is Sicilian style pizza. I use the same style dough with our Starbeam pizzas, though much thinner due to the likes of many of the UK and Euro people/customers coming in who prefer a very thin crust. I also taught them, my wife and sis-in-law, my own style of pizza sauce, much more robust than most, with red wine, Parm cheese, pure olive oil, and a good helping of Italian spices in it. I hate a bland wimpy pizza sauce.

Sicilian style pizza:

c700x420.jpg

Last edited:
Back