OK, it is open mic on Thursdays.

The Hippie Bar
Open mic night!
Every Thursday
Don't miss!

แล้วมาแจมกัน
ทุกคืนวันพฤหัสบดีนะครับ
แล้วเจอกันเน่อ

You would not want me. The last time I sang in public was some 52 years ago when I was a mere lad of 18 years. The full time pianist thanked me for my brave rendition of 'Streets of Laredo', word perfect from end to end, but sang in a key of 7 flats (C♭ major - B♭, E♭, A♭, D♭, G♭, C♭, F♭). He also remarked that his piano, unfortunately, only had 6 of them. :D:D:D Quite put me off 'open mic' nights and a singing career ever since.

You would not want me. The last time I sang in public was some 52 years ago when I was a mere lad of 18 years. The full time pianist thanked me for my brave rendition of 'Streets of Laredo', word perfect from end to end, but sang in a key of 7 flats (C♭ major - B♭, E♭, A♭, D♭, G♭, C♭, F♭). He also remarked that his piano, unfortunately, only had 6 of them. :D:D:D Quite put me off 'open mic' nights and a singing career ever since.

Strictly the bathtub for me....though have been known to sing out of tune just about anywhere after a skinful:blush:

Dome (Siam Rudeboy) does some nice stuff on the guitar. Good guy and fine guitarist. He owns The Hippy Bar. Some nice people hanging in there and enjoying the music. Go to the last 10 minutes of this video and check out what he is doing himself. There are quite a few great musicians playing there now, and doing a variety of music. The violin player is excellent, they have some young Thai kids doing jazz once a week, etc. One guy that plays there did well in the TV show 'The Voice'. Check them out. Farangs are quite welcome.

@Cent :sunglasses: What time does the music show usually begin...9...10 PM...every night ?

(I understand if it's after dark most SF posters will not or will not be allowed to venture out among the seedy element of Surin.)

@Cent :sunglasses: What time does the music show usually begin...9...10 PM...every night ?

(I understand if it's after dark most SF posters will not or will not be allowed to venture out among the seedy element of Surin.)
Thats when I ‘emerge’ from hiding!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's their music schedule each week.

30716336_195207437937747_2100348692618805248_n.jpg

Seems to depend on the night and the musicians. It's a hippy bar (and Thai at that). But usually around 9 the music will start. Sometimes 10.

Last edited:
Once again trouble started on Soi Cola at 4 a.m. the other night. Drunk farang, Norwegie I was told, demanding to be served when the bar lass told him they were closing and not serving any longer. Started picking a fight with other farangs there finishing their beers. People getting poked in the eye, hard enough to have to go to the hospital to be treated. 2 people. A farang and a Thai lass. Imagine that, now you have to watch out some f**king twat or his drunken Thai bitch doesn't try to poke your f**king eye out because they can't get a drink. And no, I will not say where, but yup, again, Soi Cola and very late.

Last edited:
It's my kind of place (and remember, I rarely go out these days, but DO get out once a week or so for a couple/few hours). It's comfortable, with nice people going there that like music and go there FOR the music, and the food and beers. No pool table. :) The owner is a sweet guy that likes music and is laid back and just a decent guy, and a good musician I have known for years. I like the music, the stuff he plays on the sound system, AND, the live music and musicians. To date not one problem, no over the top drunk farangs or Thais. It's NOT on Soi Cola, a plus, and not near Speed 3. Everyone is relaxed and laid back and enjoying themselves and not being obnoxious. There's even some cute lasses in there at night. It's the kind of place I want to be open and stay open, so he will get my custom.

Was in there last night giving away Dave Thrasher's art supplies and an electric hot plate that he left at my place when he went to Canada months ago. Hopefully someone will be able to use all the art supplies. There was a lot.

Like I say, my kind of place.

Last edited:
It's my kind of place (and remember, I rarely go out these days, but DO get out once a week or so for a couple/few hours). It's comfortable, with nice people going there that like music and go there FOR the music, and the food and beers. No pool table. :) The owner is a sweet guy that likes music and is laid back and just a decent guy, and a good musician I have known for years. I like the music, the stuff he plays on the sound system, AND, the live music and musicians. To date not one problem, no over the top drunk farangs or Thais. It's NOT on Soi Cola, a plus, and not near Speed 3. Everyone is relaxed and laid back and enjoying themselves and not being obnoxious. There's even some cute lasses in there at night. It's the kind of place I want to be open and stay open, so he will get my custom.

Was in there last night giving away Dave Thrasher's art supplies and an electric hot plate that he left at my place when he went to Canada months ago. Hopefully someone will be able to use all the art supplies. There was a lot.

Like I say, my kind of place.
Sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back