UK Pension Service - Life Certificate

Two years has passed since we last wrote on this thread and two Life Certificates arrived in the post this afternoon. I guess some of you will be getting the same correspondence very soon. And both are showing a similar obtuse list of people who are authorised to sign these documents. Pain in the arse time again!

upload_2018-8-23_15-13-42.png

Questions.

1. Who is the easiest person to get to sign these Certificates?

2. CO-CO do you offer a service for signing these certificates?

N.B. I am a retired RAF officer, obviously on an active pension list, and my signature would be acceptable to most pension providers. I live in Surin city. If anyone receives similar I am more than happy to countersign your signatures.

I have received the Government one today. I have sent it to a retired policeman to sign for me.

I used to be able to sign but I note that the list is much shorter this year. I signed for @EnglishAlan earlier this week but obviously there has been no confirmation as yet.

I'm fascinated that members of the clergy are still included on the list (and we all know what a lying bunch of bastards they can be).

And given recent experience of the actions of UK bankers (present company excepted) I'm surprised that they are still considered trustworthy.

N.B. I am a retired RAF officer, obviously on an active pension list, and my signature would be acceptable to most pension providers. I live in Surin city. If anyone receives similar I am more than happy to countersign your signatures.

I dispatched the papers about 10 minutes before I read your post. However, my list doesn't include your discipline (as an example).

pension letter 2018.jpg

I did note, however, that "The Pension Service" have their own interpreters so I presume it would be in order to have your verification written in Thai script.

Or am I living in cloud cuckoo land?

One point to clarify - "A person registered in the UK as a Parliamentary elector" - Isn't that virtually everyone living in the UK (or even living out of the UK) who is over 18?

Including a number of terrorists?

My other letter was indeed the same as yours, from the UK Pension Service. Two years ago I had a little difficulty getting a Thai national to sign my certificates (I have three in total although only two at the moment). A couple of people I approached refused point blank - funny people! I seem to remember that CO-CO is a Director on three registered British Companies, with a stamp as well. I have informed SWMBO that I may have to travel to Pattaya in search of the illusive CO-CO so that I may sign in his presence. It may take a few days searching around the back streets but I am sure I will find him eventually. Its a cunning plot and a good story for a couple of days away, maybe!

My other letter was indeed the same as yours, from the UK Pension Service. Two years ago I had a little difficulty getting a Thai national to sign my certificates (I have three in total although only two at the moment). A couple of people I approached refused point blank - funny people! I seem to remember that CO-CO is a Director on three registered British Companies, with a stamp as well. I have informed SWMBO that I may have to travel to Pattaya in search of the illusive CO-CO so that I may sign in his presence. It may take a few days searching around the back streets but I am sure I will find him eventually. Its a cunning plot and a good story for a couple of days away, maybe!

laughing-with-tears.jpg

Not a hope in hell!

Last year I asked an IO in Kab Cheong to verify that the photograph on my passport was actually me. "How do I know that it's you?"

Oh well.

Nomad. Both CO-CO and I am able to sign these forms, but I would not wish to offer my services if you have a trip to Pattaya in mind, and have the perfect reason to give SWMBO for such a trip. PS I will be in Surin Tuesday or Wednesday.....visiting at the former "Office"

Yorky. You lose the right to vote in a UK parliamentary election when you have been away for 15 years or more. When the Pension Service used to pay bereavement benefits to Thai widows and their children, they flatly refused to accept translations of Thai documents. They had them translated themselves (probably down at the local Thai restaurant!)

Union Official, they deem Len McClusky a responsible person??!!!

Nick, please may I take you up on your offer. See you next Tuesday or Wednesday at the Office. Please advise suitable day and time to suit. I thought it was a perfectly good reason, not excuse, to go to Pattaya to see CO-CO. After all, no Life Certificate and pensions funds will run dry pretty soon. One has to do what one has to do to keep these civil servants off our backs.

Yorky. You lose the right to vote in a UK parliamentary election when you have been away for 15 years or more.

My point is that there are expats here who have not been away for 15 years or more (I've only been away for 14 years since my last visit) so @nomad97 could, under those rules, get Dino to sign for him (Dino's been away for 8 or 9 years I think).

However, the "persons who qualify" on my form are described as "should be a professional person or a person of good standing in the community" and examples are listed. However, on @nomad97 's form the qualified persons are specifically listed.

Nick, please may I take you up on your offer. See you next Tuesday or Wednesday at the Office. Please advise suitable day and time to suit. I thought it was a perfectly good reason, not excuse, to go to Pattaya to see CO-CO. After all, no Life Certificate and pensions funds will run dry pretty soon. One has to do what one has to do to keep these civil servants off our backs.

Sound decision Nomad.... I am heading back to the Boonies on Tuesday.

As you may have noticed my request letter was written on 5th August 2018 and arrived on 24th August 2018. An eight day improvement on the last one. However, you have 16 weeks (less 3 in my case) for the completed form to reach the address in the UK.

As you may have noticed my request letter was written on 5th August 2018 and arrived on 24th August 2018. An eight day improvement on the last one. However, you have 16 weeks (less 3 in my case) for the completed form to reach the address in the UK.

Same here Yorky, one was dated 3rd and the other 5th August. I will kindly accept Nick's offer and arrange to see him next week in The Office. Besides, CO-CO is up, up and away on another of his foreign trips. I would never get down to Pattaya in time to see him before the 16 weeks runs out. That was the one from DWP, the other from EQUINITI (Armed Forces), says 'Immediately'.

New rules from Jan this year meant my UK share account was locked until they could verify my bank details. So last week I posted a letter to my UK mate for him to forward on a letter with a voided cheque from my current account. I owe him a second class stamp

Back