Surin School for the Deaf

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
GPS is 14.7079758739, 103.422727211 (Surin School for the Deaf)
On the east side of the 214 about 9km out of Prasat.

Surin School for the Deaf - School
107 หมู่ที่7 ถนน สุรินทร์
Tambon Chuea Phloeng, Amphoe Prasat
Chang Wat Surin 32140
Thailand

+66 44 042 551

deafsurin.com

I think I'm beyond help.

ear-trumpet.jpg

Having stated how wonderful the kids and teachers were from the blind school, in response to Wombat's statement that he was visiting today, it surely would have been more appropriate to have posted a link to the Blind School rather than the Deaf School.:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

Having stated how wonderful the kids and teachers were from the blind school, in response to Wombat's statement that he was visiting today, it surely would have been more appropriate to have posted a link to the Blind School rather than the Deaf School.:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

One and the same.:rolleyes::D This school does both.:cool::cool:

DSC00005.JPG DSC00007.JPG DSC00008.JPG
One and the same.:rolleyes::D This school does both.:cool::cool:
OK, OK, settle down you 2. I went yesterday and, as far as I could see, the kids were all deaf. My wife got her handicaps mixed up. We bought 730 baht worth of treats at BigC on the way and the kids loved them. I got a box of tissues in a very art deco fabric holder as a thank you gift, the type that grandma used to have.
The workers from Modern Furniture organised the visit as they pooled their money together and bought bananas, orange drinks and a load of noodles as a way of bringing some happiness into the lives of the kids.
The school is in beautiful surrounds, lots of land and gardens. The kids all live in as they have been abandoned by family.

That's strange. I was told the kids typically are there in a 'boarding school'-like setting for learning and life-skills capacity paid predominantly for by the province.

Many kids return to their villages during school breaks (ie: Songkraan).

Is this not true ? :confused:

That's strange. I was told the kids typically are there in a 'boarding school'-like setting for learning and life-skills capacity paid predominantly for by the province.

Many kids return to their villages during school breaks (ie: Songkraan).

Is this not true ? :confused:

This is true as I personally know of families from Buriram and Kap Choeng that have members in this institute. As I said we have had up to 30 children at a time to our farm. Saying that I am sure there maybe the individual that has been abandoned but this institution is not set up over all for that. Next time your down this way you need to stop at it as they now have new shops set up on the highway frontage supporting the school.

Last edited:
The kids all live in as they have been abandoned by family

The kids have NOT been abandoned. They are getting an education and support that the normal school and family system can not deliver. This kids can sign and talk as I personal have interacted with them and their teaches and support personnel.

The kids have NOT been abandoned. They are getting an education and support that the normal school and family system can not deliver.

I wonder where and why these rumours begin and why do they continually persist (particularly in most cases among non-Thais) ?

Back