Huge "Khmer-Buddhist" holiday 24 Sept

Today is "Feed The Ghosts" day for us, and all the food, beer and whiskey has been in place now for a couple of hours yet nothing appears to have been eaten yet...!!
We should have some of the other village folk stopping by to help encourage the ghost relatives to eat after 4 pm today, then they will all head to the Temple at about 6pm. I will then be in charge of the uneaten food, beer and whiskey...a tough job but one I have handled well in the past.

IMG_0654.JPG

Today is "Feed The Ghosts" day for us, and all the food, beer and whiskey has been in place now for a couple of hours yet nothing appears to have been eaten yet...!!
We should have some of the other village folk stopping by to help encourage the ghost relatives to eat after 4 pm today, then they will all head to the Temple at about 6pm. I will then be in charge of the uneaten food, beer and whiskey...a tough job but one I have handled well in the past.

View attachment 24376

Same at our home. This is the only day the wife family observes on this. They will all join for a big feed this evening and invite all their relatives and my relatives to join.

View attachment 24376
Same at our home. This is the only day the wife family observes on this. They will all join for a big feed this evening and invite all their relatives and my relatives to join.

I am sure Mario that when everyone returns from the Temple, you will be happy to advise that the ghosts did indeed partake of some liquid refreshment -hence some empty bottle. They clearly prefer to drink with few people around.:)

Nothing happening like this in my village.

I am sure Mario that when everyone returns from the Temple, you will be happy to advise that the ghosts did indeed partake of some liquid refreshment -hence some empty bottle. They clearly prefer to drink with few people around.:)

Nothing happening like this in my village.

No temple or orange mafia at our do. And Nick thats why Surin Provence and Oddar Meanchey Cambodia allow a Thai ID and a Cambodian ID with an address from that province to visit for 72 hours. The have very deep Khmer roots and your lot doesn't

No temple or orange mafia at our do. And Nick thats why Surin Provence and Oddar Meanchey Cambodia allow a Thai ID and a Cambodian ID with an address from that province to visit for 72 hours. The have very deep Khmer roots and your lot doesn't

First I have heard about the 72 hour passes.

My village just outside Prakhonchai is deeply rooted in Khmer. My wifes grandparents were Khmer, as were the ancestors of many of my immediate neighbours. From our early tours to Cambodia,. it was clear that with all the fighting. the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot, that many people-especially the women - wanted to disassociate themselves from Cambodia and many were reluctant to visit with their husbands/partners.

First I have heard about the 72 hour passes.

My village just outside Prakhonchai is deeply rooted in Khmer. My wifes grandparents were Khmer, as were the ancestors of many of my immediate neighbours. From our early tours to Cambodia,. it was clear that with all the fighting. the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot, that many people-especially the women - wanted to disassociate themselves from Cambodia and many were reluctant to visit with their husbands/partners.

You have heard from me before and Buriram is NOT enrolled in this. :p:pThe governor away back were allowed by their respect national government to do this and its only for the two provinces I mentioned.:D

View attachment 24376

Hey - where is the pig's head and ears !

This is my wife gathering of Feed the Ghost Day. Notice NO mafia and yes my family was mentioned.

43277902_1871036152943921_9056803644518694912_n.jpg

43378472_1871036329610570_1306668972887769088_n.jpg

43586897_1871036382943898_5302258253579681792_n.jpg

43378251_1871036776277192_6491538138110885888_n.jpg

[QUOTE="

Nothing happening like this in my village.[/QUOTE]

Happens in our village, I have just got back from the ceremony after joining the deceased relatives in a beer.

Back