Christmas is coming

I think the star is more of a Jewish concept.

Thanks for reminding me. This is more a Jewish concept.

images

Happy Hanukkah @Coffee .

Thanks for reminding me. This is more a Jewish concept.

images

Happy Hanukkah @Coffee .

No @Rice , that's just a 7-candle candelabra no matter what your Chinese masters dictate.

As you of faith well know a menorah has space for nine candles.
Eight representing each night of the Hannukah holiday and a ninth spot for insertion of a 'helper' candle to light all the others...aka the ninth candle called shamash.

I think the star is more of a Jewish concept.

At first, a figure of the Baby Jesus was put on the top of the tree. Over time it changed to an angel/fairy that told the shepherds about Jesus, or a star like the Wise Men saw. The first Christmas Treescame to Britain sometime in the 1830s.

At first, a figure of the Baby Jesus was put on the top of the tree. Over time it changed to an angel/fairy that told the shepherds about Jesus, or a star like the Wise Men saw. The first Christmas Treescame to Britain sometime in the 1830s.

If that is indeed true I'll by into it.

At first, a figure of the Baby Jesus was put on the top of the tree. Over time it changed to an angel/fairy that told the shepherds about Jesus, or a star like the Wise Men saw. The first Christmas Trees came to Britain sometime in the 1830s.

Just for nostalgia and correctness, in 1830 the UK was called Great Britain if you do not mind and the sun never set on the British Empire either. Times have changed since then LOL.

The last Christmas Eva Service I attended was in 1996 at the Saudi Aramco camp in Najmah. It was held in the camps community center. There were about 500 people in attendance and the service was lead by a protestant minister, a catholic priest and a rabbi. All three had the kit to go with their position and all three were on the Aramco payroll as social workers.

I was 'allowed' to take the four of us out to dinner tonight to celebrate Fathers Day. Just as I'm allowed a gift on birthdays and Christmas paid for out of my wallet... Such generosity is heartwarming.
My youngest called me on Messenger to wish me a happy father's day and asked for money to go to the movies in Buriram and to buy some clothes (all was wispered to her by my ex !!!) Some things will NEVER change !!!

Back