Seven injured as fireworks shoot into audience

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Seven injured as fireworks shoot into audience

By The Nation

A 47-year-old Thai man sustained serious burns and six others suffered minor injuries when fireworks, being lit near a pond in Wat Jumphon in Surin's Muang district as part of a local festival, exploded into the audience on Wednesday night.

The seven victims were watching stage performances at an outdoor cinema at the fair when the fireworks were lit to mark the end of the performance.

However, some fireworks didn't shoot skywards but exploded horizontally into the audience, sending the crowd scrambling to safety.

Police suspects the fireworks were not anchored correctly and fell over during detonation.

Earlier, during the fair, Surin Industrial Office presented certificates to 109 individuals for their contributions as “the pillars to society" in Surin.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359921

Earlier, during the fair, Surin Industrial Office presented certificates to 109 individuals for their contributions as “the pillars to society" in Surin.

Source:

Pillars to society in Surin. :rolleyes:

It seems rather strange that I wasn't one of the individuals invited. :p

(Ooops...I forgot. One must be Thai. :D)

Pillars to society in Surin. :rolleyes:

It seems rather strange that I wasn't one of the individuals invited. :p

(Ooops...I forgot. One must be Thai. :D)

Off topic (apologies) but on the subject of invites.

Many years ago I was invited to an Asian Games windsurfing event by the coach of the Thai National Windsurfing Team It was held in the Sattahip area.

I travelled with the coach (later to become Mayor of Pattaya for a while), but upon arrival, as a farang I was denied permission to enter . There was nothing the coach could do to get me in.

Many years ago I was invited to an Asian Games windsurfing event by the coach of the Thai National Windsurfing Team It was held in the Sattahip area.

I travelled with the coach (later to become Mayor of Pattaya for a while), but upon arrival, as a farang I was denied permission to enter . There was nothing the coach could do to get me in.
In the Naval base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many people think racists are white................

I'm guessing that it was '94/'95 when I was in the Naval Base at Sattahip. Saipem were shipping out 36" pipe from there for the Erawan Project, There was 350 km of pipe dumped on the hill to the left as you accessed the base (that's a hellava lorra of pipe). The restaurant on the beach served excellent food in a superb setting.

This area was still going in 2014. Was given a tour in 2014 by Kap Choeng Immigration finest. My first time to the strip was 2004.:D

map_ban_chang_2009.jpg

That is nothing to do with Sattahip Naval base. I’ve a few good times too in Bang Chang with Welsh Tony (R.I.P.)

That is nothing to do with Sattahip Naval base. I’ve a few good times too in Bang Chang with Welsh Tony (R.I.P.)

The Sattaphip personal along with personal of U-Tapo are responsible for the original build up of the RED LIGHT DISTRICT of Bang Chang back in the 60's. Sorry sunshine but you're wrong.;;red heart;;;;bad simle;;

There are 12 post that don't have a f**kING THING to do with OP. :rolleyes:

But there is a certain connecting logic.

Festival
Not invited
Invited
refused admission
Reasons why

Blame it on Coffee---he was not invited!:D

To return to topic, perhaps GL can update the condition of the injured, and say what action the "authorities" have taken against those who were negligent with the fireworks. :oops:

Festival
Not invited
Invited
refused admission
Reasons why

To return to topic, perhaps GL can update the condition of the injured, and say what action the "authorities" have taken against those who were negligent with the fireworks. :oops:
::Devil::

Festival
Not invited
Invited
refused admission
Reasons why

You have discovered Six degrees of separation. This is the idea that all living things and everything else in the world are six or fewer steps away from each other so that a chain of "a friend of a friend" statements can be made to connect any two people or events, in a maximum of six steps.

Back