Apsara French restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps not fill you but may empty your wallet. God speed to them but is there that sort of clientele in Surin?

Yeah, Thais with jobs and money. Many with foreign uni educations who have lived/studied abroad and dined on dishes they cannot get here that they liked, having their own successful businesses, and wanting something different in their choices of cuisines. The Japanese place Hakuzou does well (as do a couple smaller Japn restaurants), Celebrate seems to do well being a more ha sip so and hi so place to eat. Etc. It takes a couple years to see if it goes over. Best of luck to Pat, Francois and Cyril. I'm sure many will enjoy the foods. Plus when word gets out, word of mouth, I'd expect many to come to Surin and eat there as well. Plus The Beach gets a lot of French tourists passing through who would likely go there to eat some familiar foods.

Last edited:
If the SF Get-Together ever gets off the ground, and is held in the vicinity of Soi Kola, then I, and I imagine, some of those who like to drink after 6pm may well consider eating at Apsara. But no frogs legs for me!

Do the French do beer?

They have some. Doubt it can be had here easily. Wines though I expect to see there. Had some when there in France for a month once many years ago. Though I was drinking mainly wine and Champagnes. :)

Last edited:
If the SF Get-Together ever gets off the ground, and is held in the vicinity of Soi Kola, then I, and I imagine, some of those who like to drink after 6pm may well conbsider eating at Apsara. But no frogs legs for me!
Remember Nick when most "farang" found even norbie too expensive !!! Only when free food was given (Ryans Resort, Farang Connection) by sponsors they came over in droves and left like a flock of frightened pigeons when asked for a token for the free lunch ... The younger farang generation will enjoy this kind of establishment, they also have the means and the attitude to go for the finer experiences.

The younger farang generation will enjoy this kind of establishment, they also have the means and the attitude to go for the finer experiences.

If that is what the research and local canvasing has indicated, then good luck to them.

Last edited:
In my case, I didn't find the price of Norbie's food expensive. He was just a miserable sod!
Yorky, we all have our peculiarities. At least norbie provided for an establishment where expats could gather, drink, eat en buy "farang foodstuffs". And being german was held against him as they have a rather special kind of humour. I like the bloke for his ways. But them I am lucky to be educated in three languages as a kid : flemish, french and german so his kind of humour was more palatable to me. Let he who is without blemishes throw the first stone ...

Affluent young farang resident in Thailand doesn’t readily come to mind, but hey ho

Yorky, we all have our peculiarities.

I have many traits and peculiarities. But I don't run an establishment that caters for the public. I don't know if you attended Norbie's opening afternoon many years ago but neither did he. Well, I think he attended for about 10 minutes.

I have many traits and peculiarities. But I don't run an establishment that caters for the public. I don't know if you attended Norbie's opening afternoon many years ago but neither did he. Well, I think he attended for about 10 minutes.

He never showed up at the opening of the Buriram establishment on the lake that was supposedly linked to him

He never showed up at the opening of the Buriram establishment on the lake that was supposedly linked to him
It did not bother me Nick, I just found it a pity but as most expats didn't like him they wouldn't have minded wouldn't they ? Anyway I enjoyed myselve at the other side of the water !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back