Apsara French restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario..please sort things out.............3 nipple threads running now :D.
And that's a problem?
I personally slowed input due to what was being submitted by some others...just not to my taste. I like pretty, tasteful pictures of topless ladies of all nationalities and that's not where things were going.
So, with that being said...
IMG_2911.JPG

Affluent young farang resident in Thailand doesn’t readily come to mind, but hey ho

Some people, even though they may not be flush and highly paid, will budget/save to eat out at places they normally could not afford, for special occasions, or just to have a nice night out once in a while at an upper scale establishment they would not frequent often due to the expenditure.

Today’s creations from Apsara:
53088183_10161494165250364_8568881010207358976_n.jpg

Duck Magret topped with piquillos, served with confied shallots and potato purée.

52956982_10161494165315364_7711459612116910080_n.jpg

Duck Parmentier served with ratatouille and a mint mushy pea purée.

52717017_10161494165400364_5494628344118902784_n.jpg

Olive and Lemon Lamb Tagine topped with pak peo leaves.

Here are the very first two dishes out of Apsara's kitchen: Salmon three ways, rillettes, tartare and gravlax, as well as salmon carpaccio with passion fruit and olive oil dressing, cherry tomatoes and mint salad.

52599146_10157313952920815_7197486583816126464_n.jpg

53463509_10157313952895815_1827451465677930496_n.jpg

We moved to beef today with our version of the traditional French red wine beef stew Bourguignon, with mash, baby carrots, mushrooms and confit shallots.

52846850_10161487262370364_2247384432686137344_n.jpg

Some people, even though they may not be flush and highly paid, will budget/save to eat out at places they normally could not afford, for special occasions, or just to have a nice night out once in a while at an upper scale establishment they would not frequent often due to the expenditure.

Time will no doubt tell how many people fit into this category.

Time will no doubt tell how many people fit into this category.

Yes, it will. Usually in a year, actually usually over 2 years time. The cyclical nature of the business here is what kills many newer places. That and the fickle nature of Thai diners. They like 'new'.

Look on the bright side. At least they are not asking for 24 hour notice like the last French place in Surin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That guys cooking was excellent and well worth making the effort to choose what you wanted 24 hours in advance.
He explained it to me that he only cooked fresh and didn't want to serve up pre frozen

That guys cooking was excellent and well worth making the effort to choose what you wanted 24 hours in advance.

Obviously insufficient people thought so. Surin is, and will never be, Bangkok.

(I see no-one has taken up Atb's suggestion of an up-market steak bar yet).

Obviously insufficient people thought so. Surin is, and will never be, Bangkok.

(I see no-one has taken up Atb's suggestion of an up-market steak bar yet).
‘Up-market in Isaan somewhat limits your potential customer-Base IMO. Not many, of that standard/type of establishment last too long.
I hope Francois succeeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nouvelle Cuisine or arty farty food as I and others like to refer to it should be ideal for the likes of Nomad, Nookie and CO-CO and no doubt many others. They are on constant diets and are not really going to get fat on those small dishes.

I well recall on one of my early returns to the UK some 30 years ago, I went racing at Newmarket with my Brother in law.. After many beers post races we went to a Chinese restaurant which served arty farty Chinese dishes. A first! Not only did we forfeit most of our winnings but arrived back home still hungry!

Nouvelle Cuisine or arty farty food as I and others like to refer to it should be ideal for the likes of Nomad, Nookie and CO-CO and no doubt many others. They are on constant diets and are not really going to get fat on those small dishes.

I well recall on one of my early returns to the UK some 30 years ago, I went racing at Newmarket with my Brother in law.. After many beers post races we went to a Chinese restaurant which served arty farty Chinese dishes. A first! Not only did we forfeit most of our winnings but arrived back home still hungry!

I was taken out to dinner by our Indian agent in Delhi in the early 90s. I can't believe he picked an Italian restaurant! Three pork medallions, three chips and some grass on a massive plate.

PS - I didn't realise @nookiebear was on a diet.

PPS - It's not working.

Whatever I wish them luck. Not being a Surinite, I doubt I will visit unless Feret pulls his finger out and arranges the SF get-together for when Croc is here. Then many may go en masse.

If that is what the research and local canvasing has indicated, then good luck to them.

I heard today (from a not too reliable source) that there was neither research nor canvasing conducted. Surely that cannot be correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back