Slive Hotel

Mally2907

Just had a 7 night stay here, it's opposite a hospital and a short walk to the Klong restaurant area.
It cost me 1,100 thb per night, and included breakfast for 2.
Staff - very polite and helpful
Room - Nice and large, extra large comfortable bed, tv but no English channels, large shower with standard spray plus rainwater spray.
Cleanliness - absolutely fine no complaints at all, really spotless in hallway as well as room.
Air con - yes
Balcony - no
In room safe - no
Lift - yes
Breakfast - in the restaurant attached, huge range of cooked Thai food, eggs, sausage, ham, big salad range, cereals, fruit juice, tea, coffee Etc:
All help yourself, unlimited amount.
In my opinion good value for a spotless comfortable place.

Last edited:
@Mally2907 did you find out how to pronounce the name of the hotel. Nice review bye the way.
Hope you enjoyed your stay in Surin.

One would have to be careful with the boom boom not to knock that over

Lost on me as a non Surinite. Would be useful to show a landmark or 2, not just road names. ie Hospital, Big C, Makro, Robinson or to save CO-CO suggesting it, railway station. :D
As another non Surinite, I’d say it looks like it’s opposite to the Government Hospital, Nick.
But I might be wrong????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lost on me as a non Surinite. Would be useful to show a landmark or 2, not just road names. ie Hospital, Big C, Makro, Robinson or to save CO-CO suggesting it, railway station. :D

surin.jpg

Makro, Robinson's, Rialway Station not on map.

I'm not sure that the road number 2077 is correct. I'm of the impression that it is 226 until Big C where 226 turns left toward Robinson's and then 2077 is straight on to Sangkha.

You can drive that road many times and never see the Slive hotel. It is directly opposite the main entrance to the Government Hospital - the original hospital that is. It's on the road that runs from BigC , past the Hospital, Police Station, Law Courts and Town Hall and through to the Buriram road out of town.

You can drive that road many times and never see the Slive hotel. It is directly opposite the main entrance to the Government Hospital - the original hospital that is. It's on the road that runs from BigC , past the Hospital, Police Station, Law Courts and Town Hall and through to the Buriram road out of town.

Thank you Nomad.

Not really surprising at never spotting the hotel. Traffis is usually double parked and sometimes triple parked along that stretch, and with motorbikes and other vehicles coming out of the hospital and side turns, one has to focus totally on traffic. Not the time or place to look for a particular building or spot a bit of eye candy.

The Slive Hotel

Screenshot (19).png

The main entrance to the Hospital is on the right. The Slive Hotel is on the left. Look carefully and you can just see its name.

Screenshot (18).png

From the road it is easily missed. It would not be my first choice of hotels unless I needed the location for a hospital visit. Judging by the lack of traffic I think these shots were taken early in the morning.

Back