Huai Saneng Reservoir.

I understand that the majority of the water from Huai Saneng Reservoir is for agriculture use aka rice. Surin City gets most of it domestic water from wells.

I believe you may be proven incorrect if it doesn't rain soon. :rolleyes:

We are out of water here now in kok phalat mueang may. Both tanks(1400l total) are empty and no water in from the public source at the moment.

We are out of water here now in kok phalat mueang may. Both tanks(1400l total) are empty and no water in from the public source at the moment.

Information that I have indicates that the mains water is being turned off daily. It should resume at 21:00 although I have no information as to when it is turned off again tomorrow.

Information that I have indicates that the mains water is being turned off daily. It should resume at 21:00 although I have no information as to when it is turned off again tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. Need to be even more careful with use of water now then.

Guys it may be to late, hope not, but if you can you need to make serious
preparation. This is not looking good.:(
And just what preparations can we town dwellers do? Stock up on bottled water, deoderant and talcum powder I suppose. It's going to get smelly without frequent showers. Save water, shower with a friend.

I went to Buriram recently and the big lake there is very very low, I have never seen it that low before. The small reservoir at Pisan is nearly empty and my wife says Prakhonchai is going to have water restrictions starting today. Things are not looking good, the area needs some rain very soon. However, I'm alright Jack!! I have 5 deep bore wells on my land :grinning:

And just what preparations can we town dwellers do? Stock up on bottled water, deoderant and talcum powder I suppose. It's going to get smelly without frequent showers. Save water, shower with a friend.

Drill a bore and fork government.:D:D:D

Yes. You do what you have to do. Bangkok will only do Jack Shyt.
Stand pipes in the streets. May have to fit a new pump between the town supply coming in and the water tank, water pressure too low to fill 2 meter height to the water inlet stop cock. Then when the water is on the tank will fill.

For the uninitiated a surface mounted suction pump will cease to be of any use with lowering ground water levels.

You need a deep well. 15k and up.Bore will set you back now about 25k and that IF you cannot a driller as they are booked.
submersible-deep-well-water-pump-500x500.jpg

Stand pipes in the streets. May have to fit a new pump between the town supply coming in and the water tank, water pressure too low to fill 2 meter height to the water inlet stop cock. Then when the water is on the tank will fill.

If there's insufficient pressure to fill a 2 metre high tank, you may find that there is insufficient volume to supply a pump (without it cavitating).

I have 2 bores with deep well pumps.The bore at my home goes down 44 metres. I have another on a plot of land nearby where my wife is planting an orchard.No problems, like Adam

30 years ago Pattaya had a similar huge water shortage problem. They would only supply water to the hotels, but residents got virtually nothing. Trucks would fill your tanks -for a price - and disgustingly, they filled up at the very same reservoir that should have supplied the homes.

From 6am to 8am there was a trickle passing through the water meter, but no pressure to get it into the house. I removed the meter, and using a plastic bowl to collect little more than drops I was able to collect just enough water in the 2 hours, to supply our needs for the day. This went on for 82 continuous days!

I have 3 bores. One is a 6 inch 60m deep with a 3 inch deep submersible as shown. We have another two 2 inch bores both 60m deep that use the above ground that are called shallow well pumps, these pumps can suck up from about 40 foot depth. And then we have two ponds. The newest for SWMBO project and its half full. She will use that water for other things if needed. That pond is 50mx50mx10m. Water table about us is as shallow as 3 meters and in 15 years I have not seen it drop. All the ponds about have never gone dry.

That water pool in the left on the ground is the water table at only 3 meters.

65303979_2256042484443284_1655316383409373184_n.jpg

65421238_2250453258335540_6292628886849060864_n.jpg

And the Swine Flue Project that are helping out have just put in a 2 inch bore for their operations and do the water table depth no pump is needed, syphon. Look center at the blue pvc and you can see water be discarded into their pond.

64532334_2279295648784634_8362792124109815808_n.jpg

This example is a shallow well pump that can be found at all DIY stores and are good to about 40 foot. If you have to deeper then use need a submersible.

1485813.jpeg

Back