Water Shortages In Surin - July 2019

Took a detour and dropped one of the locals off at the Surin Prison to visit her son.;;horror;;

Just had an update so I shall hi jack this thread.:p:eek::D:D:D:D. The local lady the we dropped off at the Surin Crossbar Hotel is member of CRU. It is her son and nephew who are in the slammer for 2 0r 3 months curtesy of my friends of the Department of Wildlife Conservation for poaching of rosewood.;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;

51608105_2598429553506095_244244658295668736_n.jpg

Wonder how the water at the prison is...well not really...but it's gotta suck big time if they're not pumping from a well.

Staying off topic : nice pump-action shotgun that young conservation officer is holding.

The person who sold the water filtration system was recommended to us by the lady who sold the pump. The lady is the big boss of the hardware store near the main traffic lights in town. My wife telephoned the 'filter-man' and he came around to see us at the house. I understand his business premises are on the Chom Pra road, about the 10 kilometer marker, we had no need to visit him. My wife had a good rapport with both of these individuals. The borehole and pump were installed on Monday and the 'filter-man' was booked to start work today (Tuesday). His team of 4 arrived shortly after 08.00 and got to work to set up the installation. This involved moving the Hitachi water pump from it's old location and plumbing in the Mitsan DP-301 well pump too. The installation included wiring in both pumps and all the connections for the water filters, storage tank and pumps. Later in the morning my wife decided to add the second filter (resin for calcium) to the system and later still the RO unit in the kitchen. Notwithstanding the lateness of the secondary orders the installation team were very responsive to the change of plans and very good natured too. They finished the outside work around 13.00 before starting on the RO system for the kitchen. This was finished by about 14.30.

Both of the main filters, the carbon/magnesium and the resin, are forecast to last for 2 and 1/2 years before they need to have the filter material changed. Both require a 'back-wash' routine once a week to keep them in good working order. This is a relatively simple task to perform. The RO system needs the 1st of the 3 filters cleaned every 3 to 5 days. The full installation is covered by a 12-month warranty and the business is very happy to provide follow-on, on-call support services as necessary. We did not ask about the cost to replenish the filter materials though I would expect somewhere in the order of 2,000 baht per main filter.

The cost of installation for the whole system was included in the price quoted for the main filters and RO. That is, 14,000 for each of the main filters and 8,000 for the RO unit - a total of 36,000 baht. That included the supply of all pipes and fittings, the plumbing and electrical work. The team worked well, professionally and were friendly too. I did cost comparisons with two other businesses and I would say their price was very competitive. I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone on this forum. My wife does have names and telephone numbers that she will be pleased to pass on.

@Jeppe, you are most welcome to visit on your next trip home, as is your partner if she would like to get the job done sooner.

Thanks for the update @nomad97

I think that she is happy as it is now, and does not see the need of filter to avoid problems in the future with hard water and sediments. That is more my concern. I guess that with a system filter like you have now, you will hardly ever need to clean the tank again.

I gonna clean ours tank when I get home. It is several months since last time, and with the water we have had lately, I guess they are really dirty.

I will probably come over when I get back.

Thanks for the update @nomad97

I think that she is happy as it is now, and does not see the need of filter to avoid problems in the future with hard water and sediments. That is more my concern. I guess that with a system filter like you have now, you will hardly ever need to clean the tank again.

I gonna clean ours tank when I get home. It is several months since last time, and with the water we have had lately, I guess they are really dirty.

I will probably come over when I get back.
I am very happy with what we have done. From a cost-benefit analysis point of view, we have spent some 10,000 + baht per year on tap and drinking water. The new system will provide both and should pay for itself within the next 6 years or so. More importantly, we now have both tap and drinking water 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and we control our fate, not the weather nor the local authorities. Finally, for the first time in 15 years since coming to Surin, I can honestly say it's the first time we have had such excellent quality water in the house, both for washing and drinking.

You are more than welcome to pop in when you return.

Eight underground wells drilled to provide water for Surin hospital

The Thai army has completed drilling two underground water wells and are drilling two more to supply water to the Surin provincial hospital, which is facing a water crisis due to lack of mains tap water.

General Thanakiat Chobchuenchom, commander of the Military Development Command of the Armed Forces, yesterday visited the hospital and supervised the well drilling.

Four more underground wells are being drilled by the private sector to meet the hospital’s demand of at least 1,000 cubic metres of water a day.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/eight-underground-wells-drilled-to-provide-water-for-surin-hospital/

Just a random (not off-topic) thought.
I wonder if all these new wells in a concentrated area, will do anything to the ‘integrity’ of the ground soil? I’m thinking about property subsidence and the like???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if all these new wells in a concentrated area, will do anything to the ‘integrity’ of the ground soil? I’m thinking about property subsidence and the like???

Are you a Remainer and responsible for the Prophecy of Doom? The end of the world is nigh.

The soil is already the shits and not a lot you can do about it. There are going to be a lot of wells put in and the draw down will increase. This draw down needs to be closely monitored.

There are going to be a lot of wells put in and the draw down will increase. This draw down needs to be closely monitored.

Closely monitored by whom.

Anyone who wants to sink a well is doing so...and since there are no permit requirements nor any meters or source of tabulations providing any amount of impact information on the precious aquifier...nobody will "monitor closely".

The water quality will surely degrade within this natural resource given the amount of unregulated drilling now taking place.

Many believe this is an infinite resource.
It isn't.
Hopefully the monsoon rains will visit for years to come replenishing this life source of potable water.

The hospital has 12 boreholes and another 2 are being sunk today. Apparently, so my wife tells me today, there are 903 people on the waiting list for boreholes in Surin City. I am talking of Surin City proper, the center of town so to speak. The hole borers, pump and pipe shops, and filtration guys must think it's Christmas. Talking of which, there are only 133 days to Christmas.

The same morons of past and present government.:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;

Pre or Post 44...or both ?

So really GL think about your own "big dig"...how much assorted paperwork **, permit applications and environmental impact statement did CRU have to submit in advance ?

** By paperwork I don't mean monetary notes :rolleyes:

Pre or Post 44...or both ?

So really GL think about your own "big dig"...how much assorted paperwork **, permit applications and environmental impact statement did CRU have to submit in advance ?

** By paperwork I don't mean monetary notes :rolleyes:

Zero fo us. Its Surin City that have you city slickers by the cojones and correctly so.

Back