Water pipes

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Where are your water pipes located?

Excluding the new supply from the wellhole pump about 90% of the piping supplying water to our house is under the concrete (150mm) floors. It was apparent that we had a leak recently (the pump was working intermittently to maintain the pressure although no water was being used) which was a bit of a headache. As it's been raining continuously recently we had no way of determining the source of the leak. However, the 36 hour cessation of rain lead us to discover that the leak was, in fact, not far from the pressure pump and thankfully under the ground and not under the house. The source has now been excavated and the leak repaired.

I wouldn't have had a clue what to do if the leaking pipe had been under the concrete.

Where are your water pipes located?

Excluding the new supply from the wellhole pump about 90% of the piping supplying water to our house is under the concrete (150mm) floors. It was apparent that we had a leak recently (the pump was working intermittently to maintain the pressure although no water was being used) which was a bit of a headache. As it's been raining continuously recently we had no way of determining the source of the leak. However, the 36 hour cessation of rain lead us to discover that the leak was, in fact, not far from the pressure pump and thankfully under the ground and not under the house. The source has now been excavated and the leak repaired.

I wouldn't have had a clue what to do if the leaking pipe had been under the concrete.
Sit back, do nothing and wait for a large sinkhole to appear and swallow you up. :eek::eek::eek:

It's going to be a bit of a pain in the bathrooms having pipes across the floor to the showers and washbasins (all are adjacent to internal walls).
Just rip up the floor and put some new ones in .....................

abefe2e5-32ef-427f-95fc-dba509747edc.jpg

Just rip up the floor and put some new ones in .....................

I have no idea what your floor consists of nomad69, but mine is tiles laid on 150mm thick reinforced concrete.

Given a similar problem of the same magnitude occurring in the future and if the leak is under the house, it is likely that I'll just bite the bullet and pay the extra c. Bht 100.00 p.m. for the electric. There is no water loss as it is just returning from whence it came.

It's going to be a bit of a pain in the bathrooms having pipes across the floor to the showers and washbasins (all are adjacent to internal walls).
It would be! Just wait as Nomad said..until it happens!

I did have drawings indicating where the water pipes were located under the floor but after 4 new desktops and 4 new laptops in the last 20 years I'm afraid they are lost in the ethernet.

Does anyone have any idea of the routes of their water pipes?

[I do know where the electric cables are located. I ensured that the electrician chased them all into the wall vertically from the socket/light/switch. I think that he did that.]

Back