Nookies Delivery Schedule, now bi-weekly to Surin,Krasang & Prachonchai

Have you any reports (your own included) upon the "five star pork pies" which I have just notice on your price list?

Having not received a response to this question, I bought one anyway. Today I defrosted it and heated half. It was good - and in my opinion better than the previously offered (slightly cheaper) pie of yesteryear.

pork pie s.jpg

pork pie halved s.jpg

When I was a kid, c. 12 or 13, one of my jobs in the school holidays was to collect a dozen or so freshly baked pork pies from the shop and deliver them for the staff at my mother's place of employment (a Jewish tailors would you believe?). The baker would always gave me a free pie which I ate on the way. The pie was still hot with the jelly running out all down my vest. Chuffin' wonderful. I remember it vividly to this day. You bloody southerners know nowt.

From the well respected Guardian Neswpaper.

It is big thing in Yorkshire, where one manufacturer is even pushing pork pies as a replacement for turkey in your Christmas dinner. Notably, some firms forgo the pork pie’s traditional jelly, too – in case your principal and entirely reasonable justification for not reheating a pork pie would be disgust at the idea of hot, sticky, jellified stock leaking out everywhere as you cut into it.

That aside, while a pork pie should definitely be served at room temperature rather than fridge-cold, so that its flavours can sing, there seems something deeply incongruent about hot pork pie.

From the well respected Guardian Neswpaper.

It is big thing in Yorkshire, where one manufacturer is even pushing pork pies as a replacement for turkey in your Christmas dinner. Notably, some firms forgo the pork pie’s traditional jelly, too – in case your principal and entirely reasonable justification for not reheating a pork pie would be disgust at the idea of hot, sticky, jellified stock leaking out everywhere as you cut into it.

That aside, while a pork pie should definitely be served at room temperature rather than fridge-cold, so that its flavours can sing, there seems something deeply incongruent about hot pork pie.

Heathens!

They can't even spell Neswpaper!

The thought of hot pork pies, gravy and mushy peas being regular fayre up north, makes me right glad I am a Southerner. I fully agree with Nick, pork pies should be served at room temperature. :D:D:D

I did open them a membership here plus sponsor section too. Maybe not needed now.

Off for my walk along the beech now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did not know that the beech was a tropical tree.

beech-tree-1.jpg

Lovely!

Back