Coming soon - Starbeam Bakery

That's great. But the next question is - hot dog rolls and burger buns (low sugar content). Nookie supplies excellent burger buns (but only once a fortnight) but not hot dog rolls.

I will ask him about that. We could use any burger rolls/baps as well at the restaurant. And I'd like decent larger hot dog rolls to do certain sandwiches too. I like what we call in the states 'bulky rolls' or sandwich rolls (especially the egg based bulky rolls) for sandwiches.

Shrimp-Salad-title-image.jpg

Last edited:
I will ask him about that. We could use any burger rolls/baps as well at the restaurant. And I'd like decent larger hot dog rolls to do certain sandwiches too. I like what we call in the states 'bulky rolls' or sandwich rolls (especially the egg based bulky rolls) for sandwiches.

Want the shorter sub rolls as well for making Italian sausage and onions with pepper sandwiches and Italian meatball sandwiches too. Proper sub rolls I guess you'd call them. The best ones are made with a salt water wash on top which gives a nice crispy crust yet soft on the inside. The ones around here are too damn soft, no crisp on the crust.

sausage-peppers-onions-horiz-b-1800.jpg

Italian-Sausage-Meatball-Subs.jpg

I wish you and the Starbeam team all the very best with your new venture. I must say the early tasters look delicious. For me, they would be bad news, but I am sure your other customers will really appreciate them.

+1

Thanks Nomad and all for the well wishes. This sort of fell into my lap. I didn't think he would go for it, at least not as soon as he did. Should be good for the restaurant, our customers, the Thai customers at the road side stall that will be open in the mornings in front of Starbeam clinic, etc. Glad he decided to take the chance. He's a good kid and talented. He stayed with us for a couple years many years ago while going to school to be an auto/truck mechanic when he was young. Decided years ago he's rather be a baker than a mechanic. But he can help if my old pick up needs work as well. LOL

Judging by appearances of the products, he'll make a lot more dough as a baker than as a mechanic... Good luck to him!

That's great. But the next question is - hot dog rolls and burger buns (low sugar content). Nookie supplies excellent burger buns (but only once a fortnight) but not hot dog rolls.
Hong Kong Garden in SSK does them, if you or anyone are passing.

The sandwich bread is tasty, but he is using small pans and the loaves looked good size in the pics but were smaller than they showed. Larger pans will be used to get the loaves to a larger size.

We're getting there. Also want the hot dog rolls soon.

And I will show him how to do bagels soon. Bagels are not something most Thai bakers are familiar with as the market just isn't there for the Thai custom. They are a much more farang oriented product. Not sure as yet how much demand they will have in Surin.

Roughly what diameter are they Cent?

Same as the average burger bun you can find. They are burger buns, not the larger baps you can get from some. I do want bigger bap style buns as well. In the works, as are the hot dog buns. Not ready to price these yet. He will need to go around and see what other places are selling burger buns for with how many in a packet to get a general idea of selling prices.

Some more of his delicious donuts.

We are waiting on a larger size dough roller machine so he can do the larger size croissants and pie dough for crust for bigger pies, rather than just the single serving pies. I want both sizes.

122095381_736301270298089_7082308799742791888_n.jpg

Same as the average burger bun you can find. They are burger buns, not the larger baps you can get from some. I do want bigger bap style buns as well. In the works, as are the hot dog buns. Not ready to price these yet. He will need to go around and see what other places are selling burger buns for with how many in a packet to get a general idea of selling prices.

These are the ones which I currently buy...........

Burger buns s.jpg

Back