Home Renovation upcoming

I made a point of putting non-slip tiles in both bathrooms. However, the adjoining bedrooms have "slippy" tiles so the transition from the bathroom needs care. I've gone arse over tit a couple of times (but that was moons ago).
Would that have been in the bathroom or upon leaving the pub? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Than what?
Don't you turn off the water when you are working on the water?
Just curious

The taps. The blue and red plastic taps are crap and frequently leak. The blue stainless steel taps are much better (albeit three times the price).

And - both taps are turned "off" in the picture.

For information, it is simple to cut out the plastic taps and replace with the stainless steel taps.

The taps. The blue and red plastic taps are crap and frequently leak. The blue stainless steel taps are much better (albeit three times the price).

And - both taps are turned "off" in the picture.

For information, it is simple to cut out the plastic taps and replace with the stainless steel taps.
Plus 1. I concur the plastic taps are crap and tend to leak, if not immediately then after a couple of years or so. I have found them to be ok until you use them. Once you turn them off and turn them back on again, that's when the problems start.

Plus 1. I concur the plastic taps are crap and tend to leak, if not immediately then after a couple of years or so. I have found them to be ok until you use them. Once you turn them off and turn them back on again, that's when the problems start.

I have noticed that the ones I have that are 10 plus years old do not leak. It appears to be only the newer ones. Probably made now by the ****** Chinese.

Quite true. The (red plastic) crap inflow-from-street-to water-tank taps will remain open for the foreseeable future unless there is death being delivered.

The two more expensive blue stainless steel are located (a) between the water tank and the Kikawa water pump (b) from the Kikawa water pump delivering pressurized water onward.

Additionally stainless steel taps at spigots outside for hose attachments.

received_445941073211305.jpeg

Thankfully darling's Uni freshman didn't allow Coffee to make a complete arse of himself when specing out to electrical and plumbing subs.

Note: upon reflection the adjoining door was changed to open away from the opening fronting on the new addition.
(A subtle yet important revision for a contractor. ;)

Can you believe people actually pay to go exercise at a gym on these for thirty minutes ? Surely makes one wonder as one ages.
20210325_184403.jpg20210325_184346.jpg

Another coat and should seal this weekend.

Looking good @Coffee.

I made a very conscious decision a few years ago that I would not be lured into buying a two-floor house ever again. Now in my 73rd year, I am very pleased I didn't. While my upper body remains flexible and relatively good, my lower body, e.g. my knees, legs, ankles, and feet, are not. Climbing stairs is not a problem although the reverse, coming down again later, definitely is. The same with saloon cars, getting into cars is not a problem but getting out again later is. Hence my choice to drive a Hi-Rider pickup, easy to climb onboard and even easier to get out later. In all fairness, if you are not affected by arthritis, climbing and descending stairs and getting out of saloon cars should not pose too much of a problem. Unfortunately, for the past 37 years, I have lived with acute reactive arthritis, previously known as Reiter's Syndrome.

It's good to see @Coffee has anticipated future mobility problems. He has designed and built his personal ground-floor living 'quarters' for the new house. :)

Looking good @Coffee.

I made a very conscious decision a few years ago that I would not be lured into buying a two-floor house ever again. Now in my 73rd year, I am very pleased I didn't. While my upper body remains flexible and relatively good, my lower body, e.g. my knees, legs, ankles, and feet, are not. Climbing stairs is not a problem although the reverse, coming down again later, definitely is. The same with saloon cars, getting into cars is not a problem but getting out again later is. Hence my choice to drive a Hi-Rider pickup, easy to climb onboard and even easier to get out later. In all fairness, if you are not affected by arthritis, climbing and descending stairs and getting out of saloon cars should not pose too much of a problem. Unfortunately, for the past 37 years, I have lived with acute reactive arthritis, previously known as Reiter's Syndrome.

It's good to see @Coffee has anticipated future mobility problems. He has designed and built his personal ground-floor living 'quarters' for the new house. :)

The former renovated two floor/ two kitchen (outdoor/ indoor) is theirs. ;)

Back