Home Renovation upcoming

A week less than three months into the project.
20210329_123535.jpg20210329_123546.jpg

I'm really pleased with the custom woodwork (stairs and landing shown.)
Additional work will be done on the bannister rails.
I have to give credit to where credit is due.

The renovation of the former residence is 95% complete.
This week the push is on the new addition's custom woodwork.

Should be all finished up by April's end. :)

5W LED is a good if not better replacement for 40W Tungsten. Why wait...the saving could well outweigh the increased electric costs over time. Many offers around..buy 2 - 1 free etc, average cost 60baht

We had one ceiling light flourescent bulb plus one tungsten wall light bulb fail yesterday. We bought six LED 4W wall light bulbs and two LED 16W ceiling light fittings today in HomePro. 6 x ฿75.00 plus 2 x ฿175.00.

[Edit: and we got a ฿65.00 discount on the bill but I know not why]

Last edited:
We had one ceiling light flourescent bulb plus one tungsten wall light bulb fail yesterday. We bought six LED 4W wall light bulbs and two LED 16W ceiling light fittings today in HomePro. 6 x ฿75.00 plus 2 x ฿175.00.

Do you have a HomePro card? If so, as you spend you accumulate some credit. Once in a while, that credit is discounted against your bill. Same with Tops Market and Thai Watsadu when using the One Card.

Do you have a HomePro card? If so, as you spend you accumulate some credit. Once in a while, that credit is discounted against your bill. Same with Tops Market and Thai Watsadu when using the One Card.

My wife has every "discount card" known to man (or woman) for every outlet in Surin so that is likely to be it.

Her's are not physical cards, just numbers. And she remembers every one of them.

My wife has every "discount card" known to man (or woman) for every outlet in Surin so that is likely to be it.

Her's are not physical cards, just numbers. And she remembers every one of them.
Probably uses her telephone number for each of them. Multiple cards but only one number to remember. :) :) :)

Just when you thought some members could add something meaningful on topic in a thread.
20210323_171647.jpg

Time to take a walk...never mind mates, like most homebuilders I'm kinda busy.

('But Coffee, in February you put a photo of a chandelier.')

In the unlikely situation that I'll be accused of being "off topic" on this thread.....

These are they.

LED lights s.jpg

The fluorescent ring in our kitchen was recently replaced with a16W LED ring bought at ThaiWatsadu. The difference it has made for food preparation is brilliant (literally.)

The fluorescent ring in our kitchen was recently replaced with a16W LED ring bought at ThaiWatsadu. The difference it has made for food preparation is brilliant (literally.)
My kitchen is quite large and has 8 fluorescent ring lights of the 32W variety. I think I will wait awhile before replacing them!

In the kitchen (5.00m x 3.50m) I have twin 4'0" fluorescent tubes on the ceiling and two "push in" downlights over the sink. According to Homepro LED downlight bulbs are not yet available (in Surin anyway).

Philips push fit.jpg

I also have two lights in the cooker hood which were recently replaced with LED bulbs.

Believe it or not that is my darling's interior design, colour and the vision for the renovation of the existing building.
By vocation her Mom was and she is a custom-fit dressmaker.
The two daughters picked their own room colours.

This is what her family does as custom woodworkers predominantly for Thai homeowners.

Now the push is to finalize Daddy's eldercare addition with large custom-wood fronting doors, window and interior doors.

Back