Provincial Electricity Authority.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
What a load of bollocks!

Yesterday morning at around 06:00 our power went off. It was back on at 07:00 then it was off again at 09:00 for an hour or so. My wife went through the tortuous process of ringing them to advise then there was a fault. The eventual response was "There is nothing wrong with our supply, it must be your house (our neighbours were not affected).

This morning the power went off around 06:30 and returned 30 minutes later. It went off again at around 08:30 and didn't return. My wife rang PEA again to complain only to receive the same response "PEA do not have a problem; it is your house".

My wife rang our usual electrician who manage to find a slot in his busy schedule to call at around 11:00. He checked our consumer box and then opened the meter to discover there was no power at that point (I don't know why he did the checks in that order).

My wife again rang PEA and explained the findings of our electrician and they said they would send a crew round. "It will be fixed before 15:00". How they knew this when they hadn't a clue what was wrong, I've no idea.

The crew arrived at around 14:30 and after 15 or so minutes discovered loose wires in one of their junction boxes.

We are now up and running on full power in time for FP3.

It was getting pretty warm on the stoep without a fan.

What a load of bollocks!

Yesterday morning at around 06:00 our power went off. It was back on at 07:00 then it was off again at 09:00 for an hour or so. My wife went through the tortuous process of ringing them to advise then there was a fault. The eventual response was "There is nothing wrong with our supply, it must be your house (our neighbours were not affected).

This morning the power went off around 06:30 and returned 30 minutes later. It went off again at around 08:30 and didn't return. My wife rang PEA again to complain only to receive the same response "PEA do not have a problem; it is your house".

My wife rang our usual electrician who manage to find a slot in his busy schedule to call at around 11:00. He checked our consumer box and then opened the meter to discover there was no power at that point (I don't know why he did the checks in that order).

My wife again rang PEA and explained the findings of our electrician and they said they would send a crew round. "It will be fixed before 15:00". How they knew this when they hadn't a clue what was wrong, I've no idea.

The crew arrived at around 14:30 and after 15 or so minutes discovered loose wires in one of their junction boxes.

I guess the PEA were right after all. There was nothing wrong with their supply. Loose wires in your junction box eh? Highly suspicious. Is that why your bills are as low as they are? Your neighbour has cottoned on at last and disconnected the wiretap. ;;what;; ;;what;; ;;what;;

What a load of bollocks!

Same happened here in Thep Thani yesterday and today. Same time frame. Doubt it is a faulty connection in your area causing this.

What a load of bollocks!

Is your stoep shaded? I have two oscillating walls fans in front, one each side of the front doors, and all under roofing from the car port/upper deck. So no problems unless the f**king electric goes out. Weird is the upper deck, overlooking the street and the pool, even though partially in the sun, is cooler than below. Always a decent breeze up there. You need to get the wife out there with one of those Pharaoh slave fans to cool you down. Just ask her. :cool:

1624091883265.png

I guess the PEA were right after all. There was nothing wrong with their supply. Loose wires in your junction box eh? Highly suspicious. Is that why your bills are as low as they are? Your neighbour has cottoned on at last and disconnected the wiretap. ;;what;; ;;what;; ;;what;;

Not "our" junction box! The one up the pole before the meter.

Quote The crew arrived at around 14:30 and after 15 or so minutes discovered loose wires in one of their junction boxes. Unquote.

#1,459

Surely there is a story behind that.
Was it ever inhabited ? Was it there when you purhased your land to build your residence ?

(What's your local council have to say ?)

If you remember the "Rock Bar" when Eck and Maam had it. Their guitarist was Ham who lived in that place with his sing-a-song wife and two daughters. His wife sang at big Gary's wedding. He buggered off with a young tart and his wife and the kids eventually moved out. The roof, doors and frames, windows and frames all went with them.

Council?

If you remember the "Rock Bar" when Eck and Maam had it. Their guitarist was Ham who lived in that place with his sing-a-song wife and two daughters. His wife sang at big Gary's wedding. He buggered off with a young tart and his wife and the kids eventually moved out. The roof, doors and frames, windows and frames all went with them.

Where was this Rock Bar ?
Do you have a photo of Eck and Maam ?

(Was this Eck a large European or a Thai ? If European - thinking German or Begium- I met him and wife Maam at Norberts.)

Last edited:
It was located on the north side of Surin Phakdi road virtually opposite of one of the reincarnations of the Apache Bar (where Ham also occasionally played).

Where was this Rock Bar ?
Do you have a photo of Eck and Maam ?

No. He had very long hair and she was substantially overweight.

When they packed up the Rock Bar they moved to Phuket, south of Karon Beach I believe.

Back