Current information on O Visa extension Kap Chong immigration, Please !

I have been going to Kap Cheong since I retired to Thailand over 12 years ago. Never had a problem.
Have always found the IMO's very helpful.
Last time I met this B.
Never want to see her again
She told me not to return.
To make one thing clear though.
The boss lady in Surin told my wife that she the boss does not go to Kap Cheong much.
And she is the only one that can sign of the visa extensions.
So you will need to leave your passport at Kap Cheong until she goes there..
They will post you.
They did that to me in last August.
It could have been explained to me easily by the B.
But she was just obnoxious.
Go to the Surin office where the boss lady is most of the time
Think I will go to Surin city where the weathers better.

I agree. In 20 years any failure to provide the required information has been my own fault (twice I didn't have sufficient copies).

Up until she arrived.
She goes beyond the call of duty to nit pick. I had all my bases covered. Pissed her right off. She looked like she just swallowed the whole Lemon, not just sucked on it.
With the Marriage visa. You have to have family pictures. I heard she nit picked somebody that only two photos per page were allowed. I had many combinations of that theme.
She took some of each pages with two and pages with many. I am starting to think she is making it up on the spot depending on what you have to present. Then guess what?
It is not what you have. Welcome to Thailand, have a nice stay.

I had all my bases covered.

As I thought. My bank passbook (and copies thereof) covered the period from January 2016 up to the date of my application in 2021. Not once in that period had my balance fallen short of the ฿800,000.00 required to apply for my extension based on retirement. Should she have requested I could have provided original passbooks from 2002 onwards during which time the balance had never dropped below the required amount. But, no, that was insufficient. She required a signed statement from my bank to "prove" that my balance hadn't dropped below ฿800,000.00 in the last three months.

As I thought. My bank passbook (and copies thereof) covered the period from January 2016 up to the date of my application in 2021. Not once in that period had my balance fallen short of the ฿800,000.00 required to apply for my extension based on retirement. Should she have requested I could have provided original passbooks from 2002 onwards during which time the balance had never dropped below the required amount. But, no, that was insufficient. She required a signed statement from my bank to "prove" that my balance hadn't dropped below ฿800,000.00 in the last three months.
You obviously did not have all bases covered. She found what you did not have.Then requested that. She is good. At being bad.

There was no need for @Bandersnatch to go running around obtaining the requried documentation at such short notice and over a month before his current extension expired.

Not sure if I made this clear enough in my report. The immigration office called me, identified themselves then asked to speak to my girlfriend. After she had hung up and told me that I was required to attend, I said not thanks - too short notice, she said it was not a request.

imm.jpg

I was not happy at all and it was made worse by the more than usual non official forms I was required to complete.

imm2.jpg

Not sure if I made this clear enough in my report. The immigration office called me, identified themselves then asked to speak to my girlfriend. After she had hung up and told me that I was required to attend, I said not thanks - too short notice, she said it was not a request.

I don't believe that they have the power to do that (but I could be wrong). If they wish they could visit your house and ask for documents to prove that you are still conforming to the requirements of your extension of stay. At the time, you were not in breach of the law, but......... this is Thailand.

Seriously, I would have ignored the "instruction". What could the consequences possibly be?

Bandersnatch said:

They are from the Suppression Unit out of KC.

I have been going to Kap Cheong since I retired to Thailand over 12 years ago. Never had a problem.
Have always found the IMO's very helpful.
Last time I met this B.
Never want to see her again
She told me not to return.
To make one thing clear though.
The boss lady in Surin told my wife that she the boss does not go to Kap Cheong much.
And she is the only one that can sign of the visa extensions.
So you will need to leave your passport at Kap Cheong until she goes there..
They will post you.
They did that to me in last August.
It could have been explained to me easily by the B.
But she was just obnoxious.
Go to the Surin office where the boss lady is most of the time
"The boss lady in Surin told my wife that she the boss does not go to Kap Cheong much.
And she is the only one that can sign off the visa extensions."

@Deerculler, I have used the Immigration Office at the Surin Service Center twice, both for 90-day reports. On both occasions, a senior male I.O. was in the chair. I have not seen a female senior officer behind the desk. Are you stating that the senior officer responsible for signing off 'extensions of stay' now resides in the Surin Office?

"The boss lady in Surin told my wife that she the boss does not go to Kap Cheong much.
And she is the only one that can sign off the visa extensions."

@Deerculler, I have used the Immigration Office at the Surin Service Center twice, both for 90-day reports. On both occasions, a senior male I.O. was in the chair. I have not seen a female senior officer behind the desk. Are you stating that the senior officer responsible for signing off 'extensions of stay' now resides in the Surin Office?
My wife has been in that office recognized the Captain he and all NCO in that office were transferred from KC. That Captain by his rank has permission to sign off. NCO do not.

You still have not mentioned what you are basing your extension on. Taking @Yorky advice, does this mean you are basing it on "Retirement"?
This will be the last time I ask .I promise. Can I ask ??? Do you know what I am actually asking here @lightfoot . Makes a big difference of the requirements.
Retirement, extension of temporary stay, for one year. NOT the extension based on marriage.

Back