electric bill

So you are basically totally off the grid now? Where'd the 7.1 baht charge come from?
Correct, we have a lane that is 250 yards long from the PEA supply. We put in 6 poles with meter and cable a they hooked us on to the temp rate...But because we are the only ones on that feed they wanted 85,000 baht to hook us onto the normal rate.
So we kept the temp line as is and put the 85,000 towards solar and went off grid.

The only thing that runs off PEA is the electric gate, as i have not ran a solar feed from the house to it yet.

Correct, we have a lane that is 250 yards long from the PEA supply. We put in 6 poles with meter and cable a they hooked us on to the temp rate...But because we are the only ones on that feed they wanted 85,000 baht to hook us onto the normal rate.
So we kept the temp line as is and put the 85,000 towards solar and went off grid.

The only thing that runs off PEA is the electric gate, as i have not ran a solar feed from the house to it yet.
Surely there is a standing charge, no matter how little elec you use. My standing charge is 38.22bt + VAT

฿980.90 for the Christmas and New Year period.

thumbs up.gif

I noted that the FT adjustment is now +0.0139.

Last edited:
You are spending too much time out in the clubs and pubs! Mine was very similar to Nick's, 3,545 baht. With 4 people in the house 24/7, we tend to use aircon much the same.

I wish! Electricity is cheaper than beer! Our use of aircon has reduced to almost zero, and my stepdaughter is back at Uni in Bangkok, so shower use is reduced to 30 minutes a day for the three of us from 2 hours a day when she was here!

Spare a thought for those in Blighty. Price per kWh is about ฿9 double what is was 10 years ago with a further 50% rise expected on 1st April with probably more increases to come in 2022

And, in addition, there are other State Benefits in the UK for which those with hardship may qualify - benefits not available to expats.

I would qualify for the winter fuel allowance but I can't think of anything else that they would be prepared to grant me.

Back