Breeding Pigs Wanted.

S

SANGKA

I'm looking for around 20 - 50 to start , any info on where to buy nice breeding stock .

Pink, not Black, pigs .

PM me if you have a contact please .

I'm looking for around 20 - 50 to start , any info on where to buy nice breeding stock .

Pink, not Black, pigs .

PM me if you have a contact please .

SANGKA have been talking to my mate who is sales director for ToPigs china He says your best bet is to contact a company called Betagro Topigs are a Dutch International company but do not have outlets in Thailand I have worked with them carrying out security audits on a large farm in China The farm had several thousand stock and was being ripped off by local farm manager

For anyone looking to start a pig farm, especially breeding, a word of caution. There are viral diseases in Thailand that are show shoppers and often can be present in apparently health stock. Some of these viruses can lay dormant for years in the soil, others are spread in the air over long distances, and some can represent in young pigs bred from "recovered" stock.
Check the source farm history and have the pigs checked.

And know your market.

If you want to sell weaners, have you got a bank of customers lined up?

If you want to sell fattened pigs (90-100 kgs), can you get an economic price per kg?

And know your market.

If you want to sell weaners, have you got a bank of customers lined up?

If you want to sell fattened pigs (90-100 kgs), can you get an economic price per kg?

IB, I have been gobsmacked before by the breadth of your erudition but your apparent familiarity with the pig-breeding world leaves me.......hyper-gobsmacked!

Breeding Pigs Wanted.
Try the UK mate ,Friday or Saturday night down town there hordes of them :eek::eek:

IB, I have been gobsmacked before by the breadth of your erudition but your apparent familiarity with the pig-breeding world leaves me.......hyper-gobsmacked!

Always nice to gob-smack people (?).... but my partner has had a pig farm for years. We used to fatten pigs for sale, but then switched to weaners.

Always nice to gob-smack people (?).... but my partner has had a pig farm for years. We used to fatten pigs for sale, but then switched to weaners.

Interesting IB, though you need not have fractured your aura of omniscience by declaring your partner's involvement in the pig trade. Look forward to seeing you Saturday at the "do".

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting IB, though you need not have fractured your aura of omniscience by declaring your partner's involvement in the pig trade. Look forward to seeing you Saturday at the "do".

Sometimes my omniscience runs away with itself. Two or three years back, I dreamt of being in a bookshop, and finding a 1496 edition of Nigidius Figulus. Who? Well, I consulted various dictionaries, and asked my Cambridge roommate, now a Professor of Classical Archaeology at Cornell, and we drew a blank. A year or so later, I found out who he was, a friend and correspondent of Cicero's, an expert on augury! His works are lost, so an incunabula wouldn't have existed!

I'd love to know how he got into my dreams!

And there's an off-topic post for you, which even Coffee couldn't beat!

Sometimes my omniscience runs away with itself. Two or three years back, I dreamt of being in a bookshop, and finding a 1496 edition of Nigidius Figulus. Who? Well, I consulted various dictionaries, and asked my Cambridge roommate, now a Professor of Classical Archaeology at Cornell, and we drew a blank. A year or so later, I found out who he was, a friend and correspondent of Cicero's, an expert on augury! His works are lost, so an incunabula wouldn't have existed!

I'd love to know how he got into my dreams!

And there's an off-topic post for you, which even Coffee couldn't beat!

Great story, IB. Unfortunately I fear you may have set Coffee a challenge to which he may feel the urge to rise.

"The Breeding Pig" might be a good name for a new bar in Pattaya. No problem to find suitably qualified staff languishing outside existing bars, drooling over somtum, noodles, mobile phones and tablets and hoping they don't actually have to serve anybody.

"The Breeding Pig" might be a good name for a new bar in Pattaya. No problem to find suitably qualified staff languishing outside existing bars, drooling over somtum, noodles, mobile phones and tablets and hoping they don't actually have to serve anybody.

Presumably you are talking about the ageing overweight farangs who inhabit many of these types of fora.

The types who grunt and shuffle but, at a push, would unfortunately, still be able to breed.

The Breeding Pig indeed!!

Back