Info

mikeh

Does anyone know where I can get Expanded clay pellets I am building an Aquaponics system Any inf appreciated

Does anyone know where I can get Expanded clay pellets I am building an Aquaponics system Any inf appreciated

Sounds totally cool MikeH.
Possibly other on the Forum will provide the information that you are seeking.

If they do not sell at the DIY warehouse stores would they possibly sell at turf/ grass sales businesses ...or plant /shrubbery vendors ?
If possibly affirmative, have you already checked these potential suppliers ?

Question: will you post some pics mid-construction or once you have finished your project so that others may move on that sustainable path ?

If they do not sell at the DIY warehouse stores would they possibly sell at turf/ grass sales businesses ...or plant /shrubbery vendors ?

Question: will you post some pics mid-construction or once you have finished your project so that others may move on that sustainable path ?

I have a friend in Sisaket Province who has a system up and running. I will be seeing him next week and will ask him for advice &/or if I may give you his email address. This is the same guy who is also farming Red Claw Crayfish.

I have a friend in Sisaket Province who has a system up and running. I will be seeing him next week and will ask him for advice &/or if I may give you his email address. This is the same guy who is also farming Red Claw Crayfish.

Went to see his Crayfish and aquaponics set-up yesterday and suitably impressed.

He said that the clay pellets can usually be found in pet supply shops BUT they are very expensive for larger quantities that you will need. As crazy as it seems, he suggested buying clay, paying a couple of locals to roll it into small balls, then firing it yourself. That way you would save yourself a small fortune.

Thanks

Cheers as soon as I have started building I will post pictures At moment I am still trying to find the clay pellets and a local source for Tilapia

There used to be a number of places on the ring road selling bags of fish. Coming from Buriram to IQ direction, just past junction where you can turn L for Surin and R for Prasat.

Back