Pizza Restaurant New Opening 50% Discount

Lucky i have got a sense of humour , bit confused Coffee how you went there at 8.30pm as it closed when i left at 8.20pm, there was bad comunications total lack of customer service no offer of a complementary drink or the offer of the same deal the next day in fact nothing simple as run out of food closing, 8 dissapointed hungary customers if you think thats the way an up market restaurant should be run coffee my suggestion is dont go into the food business if you advertise opening time you cant just decide to close for one hour when you like to make more dough prior preparation stops piss poor performance have you never heard the saying the customer is all ways right lol, Little India is right the people i spoke to struggled with English i would suggest it wasnt there first language WHICH I DONT FAULT if people are trying there best i fully understand basicually in a nut shell this was a piss poor performance of an opening night ill planned ill prepared and thought out in my opinion OPENING TIMES ADVERTISED 10.30AM TO 10.30PM
At the end of the Day more people turned up than he thought would and he ran out of food !
We can all underestimate things , I would give him a chance again mate .
PS - call me anything you want BUT - Dont call me late for dinner :smile:....

Coffee my friend I know that in your heart you believe that you like to give the other side to every discussion to be fair & just, but the thing with that stance is it can be also be classed as Troll baiting, which is the act of giving yourself or your argument credibility by intentionally trolling (baitin) martyring yourself by picking unnecessary fights, for something to do.

FFS man give the guy a break he drove 50 kilometres round trip to eat with 8 members of his family 2 1/2 hours before closing time to a restaurant that he had been promoting for weeks & been in contact with the owner personally by facebook etc, he has a right to be pissed off without being wound up more.
Crazy1

Not really LI , I don't purposely 'troll bait' simply because I'm not the same as you. :smile:
OK, let me try....ummm, err...ManU sucks. Is that troll baiting ? MonkeyFight (lol)

Trigger is the customer and whatever he feels or wants to do is his prerogative. It's his choice.
I was simply stating that shit happens in the restaurant business with a 50% off opening day in Surin.
If business wasn't as brisk Tam Tam would still have been open at 8:30 as they wouldn't have run out of product. (FFS, man).
True, everybody has the right to be pissed off. So ?

If your second paragraph is indeed the case Trigger can simply and readily take it up with the owners personally and on facebook. Easy.

For the record I hadn't planned on going there twice but when I informed others about my lunch at 50% - well, let's just say I became the designated driver and would take some slices home for break fast (if I can still use that term on this forum). :smile:

Had a nice eve , pizza was good and VERY professionally made .
Mike and Paul my two sons both gave it 9 out of 10 ,I gave it 8 it was good if anything needed a little more cheese and sauce , but it was very very good .
The service was a little haphazard but that's what opening days are all about .
Very reasonable prices .
My wife had the pork chop twas a bit of a joke really BUT I put that down to opening night (I hope) , she said dry no veg or sauce ,when she asked is there any sauce they gave her a bottle mayonnaise or ketchup .
I will defo go back again for sure to try other things and I will pass on my positive input were needed .
Here are a few pictures , great place .

That’s exactly what I thought Alan a little bit more cheese & tomato sauce & it would have been perfect for me & my families personal taste, which can easily be put right next time I order, I found the toppings especially the ham to be superb.

Not really LI , I don't purposely 'troll bait' simply because I'm not the same as you. :smile:
OK, let me try....ummm, err...ManU sucks. Is that troll baiting ? MonkeyFight (lol)

Trigger is the customer and whatever he feels or wants to do is his prerogative. It's his choice.
I was simply stating that shit happens in the restaurant business with a 50% off opening day in Surin.
If business wasn't as brisk Tam Tam would still have been open at 8:30 as they wouldn't have run out of product. (FFS, man).
True, everybody has the right to be pissed off. So ?

If your second paragraph is indeed the case Trigger can simply and readily take it up with the owners personally and on facebook. Easy.

For the record I hadn't planned on going there twice but when I informed others about my lunch at 50% - well, let's just say I became the designated driver and would take some slices home for break fast (if I can still use that term on this forum). :smile:

That opening line Not really LI , I don't purposely 'troll bait' simply because I'm not the same as you. :smile: is exactlly what I mean about troll baiting! as is for break fast (if I can still use that term on this forum). :smile:

No saying OK, let me try....ummm, err...ManU sucks. Is that troll baiting. its banter or taking the piss.

You know what you are doing your a intelligent guy.

Sorry other member for being dragged off topic Offtopic2.

Last edited:
In an earlier post I said that a minor criticism of Tam Tam is that I was charged 10 baht for a small bucket of ice for my beer. I said it was the first time this had happened to me in Thailand.

I had coffee this morning with another Surin restaurant proprietor who assured me this is common practice. It seems I may well have paid for ice many times but been blissfully ignorant of the fact.

Anyhow, no problem. As I said, the pizza was excellent and I will return to eat at Tam Tam, with or without the ice charge.

Daniel was working flat out when I was there. He was a machine. I was thinking how damned tired he was going to be once he closed and finished cleaning up for today's customers. I do believe he sold many more pizzas that were ordered for 'take away' than he expected. Many Thais were in there picking up orders for 3, 4, 5 pizzas I saw while there. I showed up at 2:30 and was the only one there downstairs. There were 8 people upstairs (farangs and wives) when I went up to see who was up there. And a table of 6 I think it was of Thais as well. I expect from what I saw in the 3 hours I was there that he sold triple the amount of pizzas for take away than were consumed in the restaurant itself. But then I would say a LOT of people were taking advantage of the 50% discount on the pies. More than he likely ever expected.

It was their first day, and that involved a large discount. I expect things will smooth out, less demand now that the pricing is not discounted. The stuff I had (2 pizzas and a garlic bread pizza dough) were very nice and I will definitely be back again and again to try other dishes I saw on the menu I would love to try. It is a nice place with good food so far as I have experienced. I can empathize with him on his opening day chaos. :) They will work it out over time and find the groove to be more efficient. Give it time, and give the poor guy a break. He must have been exhausted last night! I wish them good luck in their new venture.

Mike

I went to Tam Tam today for lunch and was talking to the owners and was told they sold 180 pizzas yesterday and simply couldn't make more because the dough takes 6 hours to make. They told us about Trigger and friends that they couldn't serve and said they will get 50% off of their food if they return. Anyway our lunch was excellent. Hot salami pizza, basil spaghetti, tuna salad and homemade bread with olive oil and black pepper dipping sauce. Very nice!

Attachments

• 2014-12-13 12.50.19.jpg
    2014-12-13 12.50.19.jpg
    604.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-12-13 12.57.50.jpg
    2014-12-13 12.57.50.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-12-13 13.00.33.jpg
    2014-12-13 13.00.33.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-12-13 12.57.55.jpg
    2014-12-13 12.57.55.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-12-13 13.01.11.jpg
    2014-12-13 13.01.11.jpg
    677.7 KB · Views: 0
Good luck to the new venture.....it will sort its self out in time...

Only thing that i would suggest, is, not to do takeaway orders on your opening night.Crazy1

It obviously puts to much pressure on the day.

Pizza looks good from the pics btw.

At the end of the Day more people turned up than he thought would and he ran out of food !
We can all underestimate things , I would give him a chance again mate .
PS - call me anything you want BUT - Dont call me late for dinner :smile:....

Bugger Me!

A builder saying "We can all underestimate things" !

That is one thing a builder can't do...... :smile:.....Moon2

Good luck to the new venture.....it will sort its self out in time...

Only thing that i would suggest, is, not to do takeaway orders on your opening night.Crazy1

It obviously puts to much pressure on the day.

Pizza looks good from the pics btw.

Now if he will just do deliveries...He sure has hit on a winner..

Last edited:
I went to Tam Tam today for lunch and was talking to the owners and was told they sold 180 pizzas yesterday and simply couldn't make more because the dough takes 6 hours to make. They told us about Trigger and friends that they couldn't serve and said they will get 50% off of their food if they return. Anyway our lunch was excellent. Hot salami pizza, basil spaghetti, tuna salad and homemade bread with olive oil and black pepper dipping sauce. Very nice!

Fair play Joe if he is offering to give Trigger 50% discount when he next goes, even better Idea order a extra one for me Trig & I will be waiting around the corner also a lasagne if you don’t mind. p4rty

In an earlier post I said that a minor criticism of Tam Tam is that I was charged 10 baht for a small bucket of ice for my beer. I said it was the first time this had happened to me in Thailand.

I had coffee this morning with another Surin restaurant proprietor who assured me this is common practice. It seems I may well have paid for ice many times but been blissfully ignorant of the fact.

I can assure you it is normal for Thai establishments. Many, many years ago I visited "Hollywood" bar when it was on Buriram Road. They were advertising small Changs at Bht 15.00. They brought a warm Chang at Bht 15.00 plus a bucket of ice at Bht 15.00. I explained that I wanted a cold "Chang" and no ice. They brought a cold Chang and charged me Bht 30.00!

Y (there's no pleasing some folks)

Fair play Joe if he is offering to give Trigger 50% discount when he next goes, even better Idea order a extra one for me Trig & I will be waiting around the corner also a lasagne if you don’t mind. p4rty

Yes there may be a few Triggers going in to claim the discount hahahaha

Back