Surin Ring Road - New Intersections

nomad97

Resident Geek
Good news for all you Surinites and country cousins - the 2 main intersections on the ring road are now operational. The traffic lights at the IQ/Thai Watsadu junction were turned on about a week ago and the traffic lights at the Robinson Intersection were turned on today.

Bad news if you are exiting from Kokpalat and Shinton Villages onto the 226 when the lights have just turned green. There are now 4 lanes of traffic whizzing by at 100 kph to watch out for. Like something out of the Wicky Wacky Races carton, especially when the 4 lanes suddenly reduce to 2. Not helped by cars and motorbikes coming towards you the wrong way either. Drive carefully out there.

be careful out there

Good report by Scout Nomad.

The 226-Robinson intersection lights were operational before dark last night.
Nice lane paint job too which includes pedestrian crosswalks (OMG!!!)

A few hours later there was plastic-coated glass debris in the intersection , obviously from a motor vehicle.

So be careful for the next few weeks or so as many that have passed through that intersection for the last year on a daily basis with their brains clearly turned off are not comprehending the traffic lights and traffic flow now present in front of them.

This will include the red light-runners (buses and trucks inclusive) and inattentive (distracted) drivers and the always present POS that should not be operating any type of vehicle over 30 km/h.

This is Thailand //flag...always be careful.

I've been wondering how many farang tax dollars are at work on these massive construction projects that will assuredly assist all of us.
(Closer to zero the same as the average poor villager, funny that.)

Now that those two cluster fcuks have been cleared up. The 214 an 24 intersextion is next on the list watch out it will be a serious fcuk up.

Good news for all you Surinites and country cousins - the 2 main intersections on the ring road are now operational. The traffic lights at the IQ/Thai Watsadu junction were turned on about a week ago and the traffic lights at the Robinson Intersection were turned on today.

Bad news if you are exiting from Kokpalat and Shinton Villages onto the 226 when the lights have just turned green. There are now 4 lanes of traffic whizzing by at 100 kph to watch out for. Like something out of the Wicky Wacky Races carton, especially when the 4 lanes suddenly reduce to 2. Not helped by cars and motorbikes coming towards you the wrong way either. Drive carefully out there.

It was a real pleasure to drive through the intersection and not face the multiple u-turns. I will start going back to Robinson's mall more often, now. Thanks for the update, Nomad. By the way, the banks were open in Robinson's today.

Good report by Scout Nomad.

The 226-Robinson intersection lights were operational before dark last night.
Nice lane paint job too which includes pedestrian crosswalks (OMG!!!)

A few hours later there was plastic-coated glass debris in the intersection , obviously from a motor vehicle.

So be careful for the next few weeks or so as many that have passed through that intersection for the last year on a daily basis with their brains clearly turned off are not comprehending the traffic lights and traffic flow now present in front of them.

This will include the red light-runners (buses and trucks inclusive) and inattentive (distracted) drivers and the always present POS that should not be operating any type of vehicle over 30 km/h.

This is Thailand //flag...always be careful.

I've been wondering how many farang tax dollars are at work on these massive construction projects that will assuredly assist all of us.
(Closer to zero the same as the average poor villager, funny that.)

There won't be any red light runners, Coffee. The junta was clearing them up just after it came to power! Boy, I can't wait for corruption to end on 21st of this month!

O' Canada

I hope you've enjoyed a wonderful 1 July holiday with fireworks along the English Bay waterfront.
I know the Int'l Fireworks Competition will take place later in the month.

No problem with drivers there.
In most cases Canadiens are very decent...particularly in Richmond , eh.
"Can you speak Eng-rish, please."

Take it easy , Mike and enjoy some absolutely wonderful micro-brews.

{Okay...I'm back on topic.}

The ring road looks like it'll be quite a bit wider approx 4 km north of Robinsons heading north to Hwy214 link-up. Possibly the work will be completed next year.

Back