Where are all the Rice harvesters this year?

Saw my first rice harvester of the year on the way out from the city. Exciting times. The villagers will move into uproar in a few more days when something gets to us.

Family has it all in the shack now......just outside Surin just past Robinson's... good crop apparently......

Did a drive about today from Kap Choeng up the 214 to the Elephant Center then in to Satuek and back. My pilot did the driving which let me do some looking. There has been a fair amount of rice cut but there is a hell of lot that has not. In the rout about 130 km each way I would say I saw maybe 30 harvesters and 20 were the Kubota's. Out of the 20 Kubotas 10 were broke down and being work on. I also saw a fair amount of hand cutting going on. Does this tell you anything.:rolleyes:

Did a drive about today from Kap Choeng up the 214 to the Elephant Center then in to Satuek and back. My pilot did the driving which let me do some looking. There has been a fair amount of rice cut but there is a hell of lot that has not. In the rout about 130 km each way I would say I saw maybe 30 harvesters and 20 were the Kubota's. Out of the 20 Kubotas 10 were broke down and being work on. I also saw a fair amount of hand cutting going on.

Does this tell you anything.:rolleyes:

Yeah! not a bad investment that rice thrasher. Or do you mean the between failure time for a harvester is atrocious, I think we all knew that.

D..all the above. The wife blue machine is really kicking in at the moment as more are hand cutting. The machine returned at 10 pm last night.
1471265_602630179784531_1469467858_n.jpg

1473007_592155794165303_1974935889_n.jpg

After a 3 week wait, we finally got a machine to cut our second parcel of rice.
Worked for 10 mins and the bloody engine seized !!!!! TIT

So we have a Kubota and a Sak Pattana that took a shyt. They do require maintenance.
Big time I imagine. I suppose once they see all those Hectares spread out for the taking, maintenance is the last thing on their minds.

Big time I imagine. I suppose once they see all those Hectares spread out for the taking, maintenance is the last thing on their minds.

Thats the NUMBER 1 COP OUT of ownership. After the free maintenance offered when you first buy when it is over run it in to the ground as profit margin is slim to none.

I think I may have found the cause of the machine failures in our case,at least.
The wife was able to get a promise to cut the remainder of our rice from the Agent of a machine working
close by. Before she had left the field, it too had broken down and will take all day to fix!!!!!
It's her isn't it??????????

Cutting rocks instead of rice maybe!

Ours is all done, 5 rai by machine and 3 rai by slave labour. Wife thinks she might even make a profit for the year!

Cutting rocks instead of rice maybe!

Ours is all done, 5 rai by machine and 3 rai by slave labour. Wife thinks she might even make a profit for the year!

Any Thai wife will claim they make a profit EVERY year.

I would like to an accurate P & L to support such claims.

Back