Thong Tarin hotel

I've always considered marriage an expensive P4P proposition.
We're all slowing down ,eh. :sleeping:

Married, and not wanting to do to her what I would not want her to do to me. That's all. What's the point in getting married, or staying married, if you are just going to f**k around like you are single? Get divorced and BE single, or just don't get married in the first place.

Those who cheat on their partners have various reasons for doing so. Some are good reasons in a difficult relationship. Some are just selfish reasons. Personally I don't care what others do. Up to them as the Thais are wont to say.

Married, and not wanting to do to her what I would not want her to do to me. That's all. What's the point in getting married, or staying married, if you are just going to f**k around like you are single? Get divorced and BE single, or just don't get married in the first place.

Fine advice for our youthful members and / or older 'players'. :sunglasses:
Possibly William Clinton is/ was a member on this forum.

Concur , what goes around comes around ....usually in spades. No brainer - sage advice.

I'm not sure I could handle the single life as I've pushed past 60 and I'm fairly content.
Not stoo-pid-io but content. (Who knows what our future brings. :sleeping:)

Ivor the Engine said "It was a favorite haunt of Pol Pot after all."

I would love to hear some of that story

A story...very possibly not based on fact nor reality. Maybe someone would actually care to write that story. :cool:

Ivor the Engine said "It was a favorite haunt of Pol Pot after all."

I would love to hear some of that story

If my memory serves me right, which is asking a lot these days, I read a book called Bangkok Private Eye or something similar. It was written by an Aussie guy who, when young, ended up in Thailand, specifically, Surin. He must have had a gift for learning languages as he quickly learnt how to speak Thai and Khemer and as a result of this ended up managing the Thong Tarin Hotel. He wrote that the top floor of the Hotel was strictly off limits to most people as it was reserved for the Cambodian generals, who would stay over and party with their Thai compatriots. the author lasted about 2 years there and left when he felt a little intimidated after the disappearance of a Thai friend who was a "colourful character". The author ended up running a PI business in Bangkok catering for suspicious husbands and wives.

I just did a Google search and the book is called Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye and the author is Warren Olsen, the book is available from Amazon.

Let's see what Mr Olsen stated.
1) He was in Surin 1993 - 4
2) The Top Floor aka Penthouse was his residence at the Tong Tharin
3) His marketing niche was to get white girls (ie: Russian) to cater to Thai hi-so players

The book by author Stephen Leather embellished 'details' according to Olsen.
Yes Wombat, never let the whole truth get between you and a good story based on rumour. :cool:

Of course that's not to say that Thai high-ranking officers that had their hands well into the Khmer Rouge-Pol Pot "pot" didn't party the nights away at the Thong Tarin. Anything is possible.
If it wasn't for the Thai military elite the Khmer Rouge would have died out from a much earlier death.

I believe the man Pol Pot was allowed sanctuary in or around greater Trat...even possibly Pattaya though I've no evidence only 'hearsay', better known as a 'story'.

Let's see what Mr Olsen stated.
1) He was in Surin 1993 - 4
2) The Top Floor aka Penthouse was his residence at the Tong Tharin
3) His marketing niche was to get white girls (ie: Russian) to cater to Thai hi-so players

The book by author Stephen Leather embellished 'details' according to Olsen.
Yes Wombat, never let the whole truth get between you and a good story based on rumour. :cool:

I did say "if my memory serves me right". Glad to see your op has not affected your sharp mind.

I did say "if my memory serves me right". Glad to see your op has not affected your sharp mind.

Wombat, it's not my sharp mind. It's Olsen's words.

We all know everyone loves a good story. You'd be surprised what has been said about some members here !
Who would believe that some actually drink Archa by choice or walk on Beach Road in Pattaya. :rolleyes:

Did you hear the story about the young lady who was a White House intern that sucked off a US President dribbling some essence on her blue dress and kept that particular dress unwashed as a 'memento' (evidence)?

Who could possibly believe such sordid stories ! :fearscream:
Supposedly that former POTUS's wife is running for President and may very well become one !
Who possibly writes this crazy stuff ! O.J. Simpson ? :flushed:

MMMM sounds like a little too fantastic to me since i use to sit across the street from the Thong Tarin drinking during that time period . Dont remember a Farang in charge either. The top floor also had the cheapest rooms jammed in there. Ummmmm.... And there sure the hell wasn't any White Tail about anywhere. Hell there was only a handful of Farangs in all the Province. I call BullSh*t....

If my memory serves me right, which is asking a lot these days, I read a book called Bangkok Private Eye or something similar. It was written by an Aussie guy who, when young, ended up in Thailand, specifically, Surin. He must have had a gift for learning languages as he quickly learnt how to speak Thai and Khemer and as a result of this ended up managing the Thong Tarin Hotel. He wrote that the top floor of the Hotel was strictly off limits to most people as it was reserved for the Cambodian generals, who would stay over and party with their Thai compatriots. the author lasted about 2 years there and left when he felt a little intimidated after the disappearance of a Thai friend who was a "colourful character". The author ended up running a PI business in Bangkok catering for suspicious husbands and wives.

I just did a Google search and the book is called Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye and the author is Warren Olsen, the book is available from Amazon.

I used to stay in the Thong Tarin in the mid 90s. I would stay for a couple weeks at a time. I used to stay on the top floor as well, the top floor had yet to undergo renovations and was cheaper than the lower floors. Never saw or heard they had a 'penthouse'. Never saw a white manager. NEVER saw any white girls around. You could drive around the city all day and count the farangs you would see on one hand.

Back