Local roofer wanted

Dylan.t

We have a problem with a leaky roof. It's not too serious at the moment, but we want it fixed before it gets worse and does serious damage.
Anybody know of a roofer that can fix our roof in the Buached- Sang Kha area?

We have a problem with a leaky roof. It's not too serious at the moment, but we want it fixed before it gets worse and does serious damage.
Anybody know of a roofer that can fix our roof in the Buached- Sang Kha area?

Good roofers are like rocking horse shit - very hard to find. We have been living in our house for the past 5 years and, when the wind comes howling in from the South, South, West, we have an ingress of water through the roof in the kitchen. We have now had 4 separate roofers pay a visit and I thought the last ones did a very thorough job. We have had no rain in the kitchen until today!!!!!! Doh! Not as bad as before but still a small leak during a very strong storm front that arrived this afternoon. In the 3 or 4 houses in which I have lived there has always been a problem with water coming through the roof. I now accept the indisputable fact that most Thai builders do not know how to seal a roof to keep the water out.

I can only suggest you take a personal interest with your leaky roof. Try and identify where the problem is and get your wife to call around the local builders in Buached. Good luck in your quest.

Thanks Nomad - We also only have the problem when it rain in combination with a strong wind. I think the roof tiles don't overlap enough and the rain gets blown under one or two. I'll get the Mrs to ask around locally.

We had a big problem with our roof over 4 years ago. After several attempts with local "experts", Alan the Builder came to the rescue and we have had no problems, touch wood, since. I guess he has bigger fish to fry these days, in Koh Chang, but we remain very grateful and impressed.

Alan helped me too, his men did a very thorough job. They were the last people up on my roof. I thought they had fixed it until the rain came through again today. Seriously, without taking the roof off and starting from scratch I doubt that there is anything that can be done.

Back