4-lane Highway "293" ahead

Coffee

You chose a custom title
At the Robinson intersection looking south on Hwy 293 it appears wide enough for 6-lanes...20180224_172748.jpg Looking north on Hwy 293...20180224_172757.jpg
Hopefully they've engineered the drainage adequately as road surfaces depleted and filled roadside ponds and natural habitat.

Maybe they can set a new world record before too long. 6 cars jumping the red lights at the same time.

Thanks for the update Coffee. Looking good You made me look and they have changed the designation of the old 214 ring to the 293. This will be at some time a complete ring around Surin and where all new major business will locate. We avoid going through Surin as its a cluster fork at its best and take the ring road when possible.

Thanks for the update Coffee. Looking good You made me look and they have changed the designation of the old 214 ring to the 293. This will be at some time a complete ring around Surin and where all new major business will locate. We avoid going through Surin as its a cluster fork at its best and take the ring road when possible.

Does that mean @rob.doc will have to change the name of his diner?

no Yorky, far too sensible

maybe I will petition them to change the road number back !!

That'll probably be easier. :rolleyes:

Don't worry about a name change, Rob. ;)

Remember some folks couldn't locate your shoppe after heading out of Robinsons prior. :p

That'll probably be easier. :rolleyes:

Don't worry about a name change, Rob. ;)

Remember some folks couldn't locate your shoppe after heading out of Robinsons prior. :p

Probably a large percentage of his clients do not relate to why the "shoppe" is called 214 dinner anyway!

Hmmm...let's see...:rolleyes:...
If 420 is the numeric code now closely aligned with the culture of marijuana...
And 714 symbolized Quaaludes, a centrol nervous system depressant...
Then 214...ahhh...214...errr...214...umm...oh never mind. :mask:

I surmised that the 214 Diner was located on what was popularly referred to as the 214 Ring-road bypassing congested midtown Surin.

Possibly Rob can educate us. ;)

Up until about a year back that road on Google Earth was marked as 214 but as is apparent it has been renumbered as the 293. so when the 214 Dinner went in it was on the 214. If you go to Google Earth and bring up Surin pay attention to the construction of the 293 ring , notable on the west and north of Surin. When this project is completed this will be a TRUE RING around Surin and no more having to go into the heart of the beast.

Last edited:
20180326_080403.jpg
As Nomad alluded to on another thread the Hwy 293 (old 214-Ring) & Hwy 226 intersection is heading for a major cluster-f*ck over the Songkraan travel days.
This pic was taken heading west 9:AM today keeping in mind that school is out for summer.

s
Up until about a year back that road on Google Earth was marked as 214 but as is apparent it has been renumbered as the 293. so when the 214 Dinner went in it was on the 214. If you go to Google Earth and bring up Surin pay attention to the construction of the 293 ring , notable on the west and north of Surin. When this project is completed this will be a TRUE RING around Surin and no more having to go into the heart of the beast.
spot on Gotlost and Coffee, it used to be marked as 214 until I opened the "Diner", then they changed it just to confuse the farang community and make the "Diner" harder to find !

View attachment 20925
As Nomad alluded to on another thread the Hwy 293 (old 214-Ring) & Hwy 226 intersection is heading for a major cluster-f*ck over the Songkraan travel days.
This pic was taken heading west 9:AM today keeping in mind that school is out for summer.

As previously warned > don't even think about this intersection as it is now one lane each direction with the center of the intersection closed.

(In particular it's definitely not going to be a week from heaven for motorists...but will be particularly bad there.)

As previously warned > don't even think about this intersection as it is now one lane each direction with the center of the intersection closed.

(In particular it's definitely not going to be a week from heaven for motorists...but will be particularly bad there.)
Its not just that intersection either. The tail back will stretch all around the ring road back to the Prasat intersection. And then, I expect, back down the road to Prasat. Furthermore, when the motorists coming from Prasat see the tail back they will either turn left or go straight on at that intersection. Left turn takes them on a wild goose to nowhere (I don't think the western ring road is finished yet) and straight on brings them into town center. Look out Surin! Its going to be madness all weekend long starting Wednesday evening.

Boy is this coming weekend going to be a clusterfuck at the intersection by Robinson's! A total mess at the moment, Avoid the area at all costs. I've taken to going the opposite way into town from Thep Thani that ends up at the railroad tracks by the old Starbeam's. FUBAR for the weekend and near future. What a mess.

Back