Buri Ram airport closed by defective Nok Air plane

They haven't got a tow bar at Buriram.....simple as that!!

The truth is sometimes stranger than conjecture.

Sadly it took Air Asia another two hours before stating at 10:00 that the Nok Air plane scheduled for a 7:40 departure was stuck on the runway.
Air Asia made a decision to bus their Buriram passengers onto Roi Et in order to fly to Don Mueng...arriving in Bangkok at approx 16:30.

Thought it might of been that.
The truth is sometimes stranger than conjecture.

Sadly it took Air Asia another two hours before stating at 10:00 that the Nok Air plane scheduled for a 7:40 departure was stuck on the runway.
Air Asia made a decision to bus their Buriram passengers onto Roi Et in order to fly to Don Mueng...arriving in Bangkok at approx 16:30.

Buses for around 160 persons, not that easy to come up with in Buriram at such short notice.

Thais are generally pretty good at improvising. Strange that they could not tackle the problem in the absence of a tow bar

Buses for around 160 persons, not that easy to come up with in Buriram at such short notice.

Thais are generally pretty good at improvising. Strange that they could not tackle the problem in the absence of a tow bar

They cannot improvise as there is strict laws by The International Air Transport Association (IATA) of what can be used on an airfield. Breaking these laws can close an airport.

Good point Rice.
Now I understand as to why I watched 30 buffaloes being denied access to the airport.:yum:

That happens in the NT all the time, there is special rules for that as well. I bet they were not being used to tow aircraft though. Mind you ,I would like to see that.

That happens in the NT all the time, there is special rules for that as well. I bet they were not being used to tow aircraft though. Mind you ,I would like to see that.
They should have used the passengers as I bet they had a few hours with very little to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back