4-lane Highway "293" ahead

Avoid Surin at all cost. Monday it was cluster forked from Global House to Big C.:eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::D
I did tell you! However, I think the hold up was due to the young maidens of Surin sacrificing themselves at the Elephant roundabout. They fill the road with young maidens dancing in traditional dress.

Last edited:
The only one I ever saw in Surin during Songkran (maybe 8 years ago) turned out to be a geezer!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is still in living memory or was that mammarys that topless was a thing, well just as it was completely phased out by the 1940's . Folks in their 80s would know. I brought it up with my wife this topic and she thought I was just having a lend. Thai education system put on display once again.

It is still in living memory or was that mammarys that topless was a thing, well just as it was completely phased out by the 1940's . Folks in their 80s would know. I brought it up with my wife this topic and she thought I was just having a lend. Thai education system put on display once again.
Exactly. I’ve had interesting conversations with History lecturers who have admitted that they cannot teach anything about errors (situations or people) and I find that infuriating.
So learning from your mistakes doesn’t happen here anytime soon.

Progress Report:

I checked the traffic at 13.30 today . Much to my surprise it seems to be flowing very well, maybe better than usual. The traffic lights do not seem to be swithed on and its an improvement on previous years. Tail-back on the 293 is minimal. It appears priority has been given to traffic on the ring road coming from the south-west (Prasat) with a straight-through continuous flow to Sikhor (without lights). This has been achieved at the expense of traffic coming to the intersection from the three other directions. This traffic coming have to do a left-turn at the intersection, head-up to the first break in the road and do a U-turn to head back towards the intersection. Once they get back to the intersection they have to do another U-turn to find the road they want. E.g. If they are coming from Thep Thani (north) and wanted to go to Surin they would take a left-turn at the intersection and head towards Sikhor (east). They would then take the first U-Turn and head back towards Surin only to turn left again at the intersection to head south-west, towards Prasat. Then take the first U-turn and head back towards the intersection (heading north). On arrival at the intersection take a left turn and head towards Surin (west). Possibly the worst case scenario and definitely a pain in the arse!

Progress Report:

I checked the traffic at 13.30 today . Much to my surprise it seems to be flowing very well, maybe better than usual. The traffic lights do not seem to be swithed on and its an improvement on previous years. Tail-back on the 293 is minimal. It appears priority has been given to traffic on the ring road coming from the south-west (Prasat) with a straight-through continuous flow to Sikhor (without lights). This has been achieved at the expense of traffic coming to the intersection from the three other directions. This traffic coming have to do a left-turn at the intersection, head-up to the first break in the road and do a U-turn to head back towards the intersection. Once they get back to the intersection they have to do another U-turn to find the road they want. E.g. If they are coming from Thep Thani (north) and wanted to go to Surin they would take a left-turn at the intersection and head towards Sikhor (east). They would then take the first U-Turn and head back towards Surin only to turn left again at the intersection to head south-west, towards Prasat. Then take the first U-turn and head back towards the intersection (heading north). On arrival at the intersection take a left turn and head towards Surin (west). Possibly the worst case scenario and definitely a pain in the arse!

5555 Yeah, like I said, all f**ked up. Take a right out of Thep Thani instead, follow the road to the end and go left, brings you to the railroad track crossing near the old Starbeam's. Easy then to get down to Soi Cola etc. Takes ten minutes or so longer, but no f**king construction (well one small area along there actually).

5555 Yeah, like I said, all f**ked up. Take a right out of Thep Thani instead, follow the road to the end and go left, brings you to the railroad track crossing near the old Starbeam's. Easy then to get down to Soi Cola etc. Takes ten minutes or so longer, but no f**king construction (well one small area along there actually).
There is a shorter route. Over the railway bridge, down the straight until the car repair shop, round the bend and a little later there is a turning to the left. Nice trip into town on the other side of the railway line. Comes out on the klong, the same klong that runs past Starbeam. Turn left, and head up to the traffic lights, turn right and off into town. I'm pretty sure its the only left turn along that road. Check it out, it will save you many kilometers.

My wife ventured into Robinson's this afternoon (I know not why). Apparently it was very quiet and the stock in Tops was somewhat depleted and the manager was not considering ordering more in the near future (until the roadworks are completed, I guess).

No sourdough rolls, no potatoes. They had fresh parsley though.

My wife ventured into Robinson's this afternoon (I know not why). Apparently it was very quiet and the stock in Tops was somewhat depleted and the manager was not considering ordering more in the near future (until the roadworks are completed, I guess).

No sourdough rolls, no potatoes. They had fresh parsley though.

Bread (or rather lack thereof) in Tops Surin is unfortunate. Good stock in Buriram, constantly being replenished My favourite is the wholewheat sticks at 46baht )I noticed they had them 2/3 weeks sgo in Tops Surin at 36baht A HALF!!! I did comment to the serving girl, but as usual she did not give a FCUK

Fuk tops surin I don't go in anymore. I noticed one of the little bitches on checkout taking the piss out of a farang when he was walking out then I saw her do it again to another and I thought hmm. Started taking notice and I caught her doing it to me.

Fuk tops surin I don't go in anymore. I noticed one of the little bitches on checkout taking the piss out of a farang when he was walking out then I saw her do it again to another and I thought hmm. Started taking notice and I caught her doing it to me.
Did you report her to management?

Back