Police seek cleaner after US man loses Bt200,000 cash at Surin mall

NongFrank

SPONSOR
A US businessman has lost Bt200,000 in cash he left on the ground in a carpark after withdrawing it from a bank inside a Surin shopping mall and loading goods into his car on Wednesday evening.

Police are now looking for a male cleaner who was responsible for the section of the carpark at the Robinson shopping mall in Surin’s Muang district. The worker sought permission to leave and rushed home shortly after the Merrick Jerkinston (not official spelling), left the mall.
Read more: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30345637

"The businessman said he withdrew the cash and carried it in a paper bag while shopping with his Thai wife but forgot about the package when unloading goods from the mall’s cart to his car."

Oh, come on!

I transferred Bht 120,000.00 from Bangkok Bank to Kasikorn Bank in Surin some time ago (some 50 metres). It was in a brown paper envelope. I tripped over that bloody high kerb by the Kasikorn Bank but even though I made a mess of one leg and one arm, I never let go of that envelope!

Just love the terminology in the newspaper, "The 75-year-old businessman and his Thai wife". And what business was he doing in Surin? I guess it can happen, although I would hate to think what my Thai wife would be saying to me if I left 200,000 smackeroos in the shopping trolley when I came back from shopping. I think she would commit me to a nursing home for termnally ill patients suffering from Alzheimer's.

Just love the terminology in the newspaper, "The 75-year-old businessman and his Thai wife". And what business was he doing in Surin? I guess it can happen, although I would hate to think what my Thai wife would be saying to me if I left 200,000 smackeroos in the shopping trolley when I came back from shopping. I think she would commit me to a nursing home for termnally ill patients suffering from Alzheimer's.

I doubt that you would be saying anything Nomad......... until the swelling had gone down!

I transferred Bht 120,000.00 from Bangkok Bank to Kasikorn Bank in Surin some time ago (some 50 metres). It was in a brown paper envelope. I tripped over that bloody high kerb by the Kasikorn Bank but even though I made a mess of one leg and one arm, I never let go of that envelope!

Thank goodness for I. T. developments in banking!

Thank goodness for I. T. developments in banking!

They have introduced Prompt Pay at PEA offices on instruction by 44 for 4.0. I love using this method as it sends them into a spin everytime. I must be the only person to use it.

my distrust in electronic payment began when the cashier swiped my card 10 times claiming it was not working and I got charged twice for the same purchase, it took an hour of my time and much threatening to resolve the issue.
I do not believe we are yet ready for a foolproof cash free society

my distrust in electronic payment began when the cashier swiped my card 10 times claiming it was not working and I got charged twice for the same purchase, it took an hour of my time and much threatening to resolve the issue.
I do not believe we are yet ready for a foolproof cash free society

It works in China and India, The push is hard on with China already going cashless 20% of the time (The mind already bogles at how many transactions this must be) and increasing daily while India has had it thrust down their collective throats and is now around 5%. India removed all the small denomination money and will eventually be the first cashless country! How are they doing it you ask?
Without any form of identification, citizens couldn’t access services like banking, insurance, or even get a driver’s license.
Then In 2009, India launched Aadhaar. Aadhaar is a biometric database based on a 12-digit digital identity, authenticated by finger prints and retina scans.
It has become the largest and most successful IT project ever. As of 2016, 1.1 billion people (95% of the population) had a digital proof of identity.
But Aadhaar was just the beginning. Then came the cashless system to ride on that one.

Set your worries aside if Chinese and Indian hackers cannot hack it. It must be just about floorless.

you don't get any sense of , or uneasiness of, Big Brother is watching your every transaction ?

You are quite right big brother is watching and everything on my phone is being monitored. Yes sometimes I feel a little uneasy but I shrug it off as I have nothing to hide. When thought crime becomes a thing. I hope I will be dead. This is what the leftist social justice warriors and feminist want.
I recall when I used a company AMEX @ a cat house in Nevada.;;money;;;;money;;;;money;;;;big smile;;;;big smile;;;;big smile;;

Did you swipe your card down the slit @gotlost ?:p:rolleyes:

You are quite right big brother is watching and everything on my phone is being monitored. Yes sometimes I feel a little uneasy but I shrug it off as I have nothing to hide. When thought crime becomes a thing. I hope I will be dead. This is what the leftist social justice warriors and feminist want.

She did to the tune of 2K as I remember and that was for an all nighter.:D:D:D BTW thats USD.;;money;;

really, the best argument is I am nearing my expiration date so I don't give a damn ?

I would never have considered Indians to be much more clever than the Thais. How many times has anyone stood behind a Thai at an ATM machine, and observed that they haven't got s F*^%$ng clue how to use the machine. And that is just the ones who have ATM cards. If they are unable to manage the simplest of electronic transactions, what hope is there for a cashless Thailand.

I would never have considered Indians to be much more clever than the Thais. How many times has anyone stood behind a Thai at an ATM machine, and observed that they haven't got s F*^%$ng clue how to use the machine. And that is just the ones who have ATM cards. If they are unable to manage the simplest of electronic transactions, what hope is there for a cashless Thailand.

Like I said Nick. It is amazingly being done in India. There is 5 different ways Indians can access their system. It is truly amazing and they are making it work. Not much is heard about this in the news. I am fascinated by it, on a technological and human innovation basis.

Interesting article here for those that want to know how they are doing it.
https://www.quora.com/How-can-India-become-cashless.

Mr 44 has seen the future. That is what Thailand 4.0 is all about copying India's lead. There will be kicking and screaming and gnashing of teeth but it will come !

Sorry for Hi Jacking the OP.

Back