The Grace Residence

surinmike

Saw this new operation on Surin City Talk Facebook...looks decent enough ,anyone got the local scoop on the place ? Wondering what the cost is per night location seems alright in town... Come on Boys get me some info. Hitting Surintown November 01....

Attachments

• grace3.jpg
    grace3.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 8
  • grace 4.jpg
    grace 4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
  • grace1.jpg
    grace1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 7
  • grace2.jpg
    grace2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 6
The Facebook page does not give a price, just ฿ ฿. The article says opening October. Other than that I think it is located behind the Land and Water Offices - near CTH Offices. Looks good.

The Facebook page does not give a price, just ฿ ฿. The article says opening October. Other than that I think it is located behind the Land and Water Offices - near CTH Offices. Looks good.

For us out-of-towners, can you be more descriptive please.

For us out-of-towners, can you be more descriptive please.

Reference Facebook Link https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Grace-Residence/240235036091244

There is also a map that shows the new hotel is very close to the Elephant roundabout, coming into town from Prasat. As I said, its behind the site occupied by the Land Registry and Water Offices. How much more descriptive do you want me to be? And yes, far too far for an easy perambulation to the railway station.
No boobs2 around there, I think.
P.S. The Facebook page has a video of the new hotel too.

Last edited:
Thanks Nomad

Reference to the Land and water offices and CTH, meant nothing.

I shall be looking for "digs" next year for my son, who I hope will be able to join the English programme at Sirindhorn School. I will likely stay over occasionally. The Grace is probably too expensive for that purpose and a bit far away from the school.

Thanks Nomad

Reference to the Land and water offices and CTH, meant nothing.

I shall be looking for "digs" next year for my son, who I hope will be able to join the English programme at Sirindhorn School. I will likely stay over occasionally. The Grace is probably too expensive for that purpose and a bit far away from the school.

The Majestic Twins are much closer to Sirindhorn School, less than a couple of hundred meters away. There is also another hotel just around the corner for only 350฿ per night. Can't remember the name but someone recommended it while family member was in Ruem Phet for treatment.

Last edited:
The Majestic Twins are much closer to Sirindhorn School, less than a couple of hundred meters away. There is also another hotel just around the corner for only 350฿ per night. Can't remember the name but someone recommended it while family member was in Ruem Phet for treatment.

Thanks Nomad. Any idea if they offer long term rates?

STRANGE...... When I hit "reply" your full message showed up as above. But on the thread, only the opening sentence showed! Danny, Alan any ideas why?

Thanks Nomad. Any idea if they offer long term rates?

STRANGE...... When I hit "reply" your full message showed up as above. But on the thread, only the opening sentence showed! Danny, Alan any ideas why?

-- ---------------------------------------------

Watch out, there are spooks about!

Sorry Nick, no idea on rates, long-term or otherwise. Is it for you or your son? How old is your son? When is he going to start?

The popular way around here is for the school kids to rent a house for about 3,000 ฿/month. Depending on how many are sharing would determine the cost per individual. Long-term rents for a one-room apartment are shown on Karakara's website (http://www.surin.thaiapartments.net/index.php?os=2&favorite=8&lan=en). Typically these rents are from 2,500 to 7,000 ฿/month although, as with the house, transport is probably required to get to and from school. Surin Mansion Apartments (400 ฿/day - 4,000 ฿/month), just across the road from Corner Cafe, is just a short walk from the school, probably less than a kilometer. These are new apartments and look good value.

Hope this helps. If you need a guided tour around Surin please let me know. I can show you some of the more popular residential areas.

Last edited:
-----------------------------------------------

Watch out, there are spooks about!

Sorry Nick, no idea on rates, long-term or otherwise. Is it for you or your son? How old is your son? When is he going to start?

The popular way around here is for the school kids to rent a house for about 3,000 ฿/month. Depending on how many are sharing would determine the cost per individual. Long-term rents for a one-room apartment are shown on Karakara's website (http://www.surin.thaiapartments.net/index.php?os=2&favorite=8&lan=en). Typically these rents are from 2,500 to 7,000 ฿/month although, as with the house, transport is probably required to get to and from school. Surin Mansion Apartments (400 ฿/day - 4,000 ฿/month), just across the road from Corner Cafe, is just a short walk from the school, probably less than a kilometer. These are new apartments and look good value.

Hope this helps. If you need a guided tour around Surin please let me know. I can show you some of the more popular residential areas.

Thanks Nomad. I will investigate further. Renting a house sounds fun. Even more fun if it is "mixed" T.I.C.

My boy will likely be 16 when the schools start their new year in 2015. First he must pass the entrance exam. Nobody seems to know yet whether the schools will restart in May as usual, or whether it will be September to comply with ASEAN requirements.

Thanks Nomad. I will investigate further. Renting a house sounds fun. Even more fun if it is "mixed" T.I.C.

My boy will likely be 16 when the schools start their new year in 2015. First he must pass the entrance exam. Nobody seems to know yet whether the schools will restart in May as usual, or whether it will be September to comply with ASEAN requirements.

By 'mixed' - do you mean there will be khatoeys ??boobs2

Nobody seems to know yet whether the schools will restart in May as usual, or whether it will be September to comply with ASEAN requirements.

I have heard from some of the teachers I play tennis with that it will be September, Nick. Additionally, my step-daughter, who has to do a work experience placement during the school year ahead, has been told she is likely to do it during the long holiday they will get next year.

Mind you, this is all hearsay and, as usual, we will probably only find out the real situation at the very last minute.

Back on track......The Grace Hotel.

Stayed there one night this week. Fine, clean good size room. No kettle or tea/coffee though. 700bt no breakfast 790.. 2 breakfasts.

Hotel is located where Nomad previously indicated. It is behind a restaurant (same owner I believe) with a huge signboard above showing rooms and facilities.............BUT the name GRACE in English is not shown anywhere. Difficult to find therefore.

Back