Favourite Thai restaurants in the area.

Wayne Thompson

My wife has said "For the rest of the time we are here this trip I am not going to eat anymore western food."

Which is fair enough, we have just over a month left and Thai food is pretty expensive back home.

What is everyones favourite Thai restaurant in the Prasat area?

I have found the restaurants around our village hit and miss.

I am fond of a simple thai restaurant with a live band.
Moo Kata buffet is also a favourite.

Any of them are good with a glass of beer with ice really. :blush:

I need the same for Surin, the problem is wherever we go Wood always says "i could cook this better" and he is right
I guess it doesn't help that I will only go in a place that is very clean, no flies and preferably although not essential has air con.

I need the same for Surin, the problem is wherever we go Wood always says "i could cook this better" and he is right
I guess it doesn't help that I will only go in a place that is very clean, no flies and preferably although not essential has air con.

I rarely eat out (discounting carry oots) but if I do I would choose "Celebrate" (on Soi Kola) or "Sabeang" (turn south at the eastern end of Soi Kola) for Thai food.

I rarely eat out (discounting carry oots) but if I do I would choose "Celebrate" (on Soi Kola) or "Sabeang" (turn south at the eastern end of Soi Kola) for Thai food.
Don't know about Celebrate, but Sabeang is recommended. Customers normally more middle class type. Prices accordingly

Don't know about Celebrate, but Sabeang is recommended. Customers normally more middle class type. Prices accordingly

We last ate at Celebrate in August last year and the food that we ordered was good (not excellent).

We first ate at Celebrate almost 20 years ago with Kurt and Gay (the original owners of the Farang Connection) and the food was very good (particularly the pandan chicken which I've eaten there a number of times since).

I’d add Big Bite by the Thongtarin Hotel, which was renovated and much improved fairly recently, together with Green Terrace and its sister restaurant Kurose (next door to each other on the klong)

Only once went to Big Bite, many years ago, and was far from impressed.

Nick, I'd agree with you but for the fact that we've been there a few times in the last 12 months. The surroundings are now much better, the menu is vast, and the food has been excellent. No complaints at all now.

I used to like the restaurant at the Saumpa Resort on the road to Prasat but on the left long before you got to the ring-Road x-roads. Been there with AtB’s family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All those replies and not a one on eating Thai food out in Prasat. In Prasat I always eat at one of the two restaurants that are on Amphur land they are just shanty type restaurants. Don't let this put you off. I know there are finicky persons on this forum that would not be seen dead around a plastic table cloth. :p Situated on the south side of the bus terminal. The one further down the soi is much better, but serve really nice food. The latter also has a plant nursery that is run by another family. Well worth a browse as well while you are there.

While I am at it I will tell you about my other shanty type restaurant in Surin. Just a small walk down from Surin railway station. Does not look like much but then again great food. One warning though at night some times of the year Mozzies can be a problem under the tables. Just make sure you and the Mrs are wearing long pants.

I have not replied for the simple reason I prefer to cook my own food. I seldom eat out although my wife and daughters eat out frequently. When I do eat out, maybe once or twice a month, I like the 'upmarket' food hall in Robinson's where pork or chicken steak, with chips and salad can be had for 60 baht a plate. If you are feeling really hungry and one plate is not enough, have two. Taste damned good, especially with a smattering of homemade pepper sauce over the steak. Oh! That's the English menu. The other offerings are mostly Thai food favourites. Something for everyone. :D:D:D

Ok here ya go,
the best thai food to be had in prasat, after my own little darlings famous Yam....true.
Is at 8 review, ( bad ru ) pronouced in thai.
Head towards chom chom past the Lemon Lounge on the right frontage road, 214 for about 3 clicks it is your side of the road.
Not cheap , but big helpings , fresh and good.
Then pop back to us on the way back for a night cap, bring co-co lf he is allowed...cheers

3 clicks it is your side of the road.
How far is 3 clicks in the metric system?

Last night we went to the MooKata south of there which from the name seems like they call themselves a korean BBQ (อิงฟ้า หมูย่างเกาหลี)
Good for the price and lovely atmosphere. Love sitting out under the stars having a few beers and great food.

How far is 3 clicks in the metric system?

Last night we went to the MooKata south of there which from the name seems like they call themselves a korean BBQ (อิงฟ้า หมูย่างเกาหลี)
Good for the price and lovely atmosphere. Love sitting out under the stars having a few beers and great food.

But among members of the military, the term "klick" is a standard measure of walked distances. If a soldier radios "We're 10 klicks south of your position," that means they are 10 kilometers away, or 6.2 miles away.

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-30_12-42-38.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-30_12-42-38.jpeg
    5.3 KB · Views: 8
Back