Head on smash in Buriram: Family wiped out

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Head on smash in Buriram: Family wiped out

PIcture: Daily News

Five people died including parents and their two children when two pick-ups collided in Buriram yesterday.

A Mazda driven by Theerapong, 45, had crossed the central reservation on the four lane Buriram to Sateuk Road in Ban Yang sub-district near the Sahasin Khao Thai mill.

He was unconscious but soon died.

The Mazda had collided head on with a Vigo. Dead inside the vehicle were husband and wife Weerawut,32, and Pharada, 39 and their daughter nine year old Pharawut.

Thrown out into undergrowth was their four year old son who was still alive but died soon thereafter.

The family were on their way to Buriram.

Buriram police are investigating the tragedy.

Source: Daily News

Ten's of emergency vehicles there last night, well over an hour after it happened. We where coming back from the City, and thankfully had to turn off to Ban Yang, some 200 mtrs before it.

R.I.P to the poor souls who lost their lives.

What a terrible waste of so many lives.

I am very familiar with the Buriram to Satuek road, as I visit Buriram airport regularly.

It has recently been updated to a dual carriageway/4lane road, but for lage parts there is no central divider -just yellow hatched lines.

One may perhaps suppose that possibly one of the vehicles involved in this accident wandered across the hatched lines perhaps due to tiredness, drink or drugs. Time will perhaps tell.

Unfortunately there are far too many 4 lane roads divided merely by yellow lines, and I see all too regularly drivers cross them in order to overtake...........(mainly those idiotic selfish uneducated drivers that continuously hog the outside lane). Both are wrong and should be severely punished when caught. Undertaking is the way to go, quite legal in Thailand though can be highly dangerous.

Roads out of Surin going towards Prasat and Buriram, which originally had hatched line division between lanes are now having a physical barrier built, in which trees and shrubs are being grown. A great improvement.

I’m all for road improvements but (personally) I feel Thailand have gone over-the-top with building all these central reservations (At least, in Sisaket Provence). There are hardly any designated U-turns so in the few places where you can change direction, it’s now more dangerous and also making some short journeys into long ones.

Overall this might save lives at a huge cost but the real problem is the uneducated/unregistered drivers, themself. Have you seen how they act when faced with a ‘roundabout’ !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police investigators learned the driver of the Mazda pickup truck was travelling from downtown Muang district, apparently lost control and the vehicle crossed over the centre-line, colliding with the oncoming Vigo, heading towards the town.

A proper lane divider would have prevented this tragedy

I’m all for road improvements but (personally) I feel Thailand have gone over-the-top with building all these central reservations (At least, in Sisaket Provence). There are hardly any designated U-turns so in the few places where you can change direction, it’s now more dangerous and also making some short journeys into long ones.

Overall this might save lives at a huge cost but the real problem is the uneducated/unregistered drivers, themself. Have you seen how they act when faced with a ‘roundabout’ !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inconvenience is not a factor where saving lives, and safety, is concerned.

Never better illustrated than the example of the N322 in Spain. This coastal road had one of the worst fatality records in Europe.

They installed safety barriers in the central reservation and deaths became a rarity.

Back