Power points

As an aside, a ThaiVisa member was enquiring about plug bars. I suggested that he open the casing to check whether there was an earth cable (three pins both plug and sockets). He did and discovered that there wasn't!

All the computers that I've had (desktops and laptops) are/have been supplied with similar cables to the one on the right except in black colour.

I remember many years ago staying at Mabpruchan Resort in Chonburi. A guest had approached the manager asking if he could borrow a computer lead to fit into the two pin sockets that the resort had. The manager took his computer lead and broke off the earth pin!

Last edited:
They do when they connect a new dwelling up to the pole for the first time. They actually don't like it when things explode in their face. For some strange reason! :eek:

That is the only place they check. They have NEVER been in our homes (2) CRU or out to someones lake project. Yes grounds are installed at all points and correctly. If you have an electrician that they know which apparently which was not U;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;; that did the instillation it goes along way.:D:D:D:D:D

When I had the electrician install my wiring, out of nostalgia, I bought red cable for live, black cable for neutral and green cable for earth (ground). It's what I grew up with.

These are the leads which were supplied with my "Houseworth" halogen oven (left) and my "Phillips" rice cooker (right). As they are interchangeable I use the right hand lead for both.

Strange. My slow/multicooker (also Phillips) also includes the "illegal" left lead.

Back