Nightmare in Makro Surin

I have yet to book myself into a care home, where my chances of catching Covid-19 would be very high. Moreover, I still have full use of my faculties and I am more than capable of making an objective decision when considering the potential risks involved. For the first month, I did not venture far from my front door. However, with no new reported cases of Covid-19 within Surin Province during the past month, and with the country as a whole reporting none or very few new cases each day, I do consider Thailand to be at far less risk than countries like the USA and UK. I do not go out frequently, maybe once or twice a week, and then I wear a face mask, maintain social distancing and talk to none other than a short "thank you" to the cashier. I wash my hands before I go out and again on my return, and I use the antiseptic gel on entry to a store. If anything, I find my self-discipline to be very strict and possibly more than I might expect of my 'significant other' who is quite likely to break the social distancing rules and engage in conversation with her friends. I do not intend to lock myself away forever and a day as I see no early end to this Covid-19 pandemic. I will, however, assess the risk that I may face each time I contemplate leaving my man-cave to venture into the brave new world outside.

In reply to @Coffee earlier today, I said I was probably more disciplined than my significant other when it came to shopping. How prophetic that comment turned out to be. My significant other did go shopping today, she went to Tops Market. While shopping her attention was caught by a man waving his arms in front of my daughter. Because of his face mask, his identity was not readily apparent. However, the tone of his voice soon identified who it was. Guess who? "Hello @Coffee". I have to ask the question, why was @Coffee out and about and why was his significant other not doing the shopping for him? :D:D:D

petard.jpg

In reply to @Coffee earlier today, I said I was probably more disciplined than my significant other when it came to shopping. How prophetic that comment turned out to be. My significant other did go shopping today, she went to Tops Market. While shopping her attention was caught by a man waving his arms in front of my daughter. Because of his face mask, his identity was not readily apparent. However, the tone of his voice soon identified who it was. Guess who? "Hello @Coffee". I have to ask the question, why was @Coffee out and about and why was his significant other not doing the shopping for him? :D:D:D

petard.jpg

LOL......glass houses and stones....:laughing::sweatsmile:

After the uncontrolled fracas which occurred when the booze ban was lifted last month, Makro now have a ticketing system to buy booze (and other stuff). "Get in the bloody queue!"

After the uncontrolled fracas which occurred when the booze ban was lifted last month, Makro now have a ticketing system to buy booze (and other stuff). "Get in the bloody queue!"
I went to Makro on Sunday and found them well organised at the 'front of house'. They have, by and large, sorted out the internal flow too. There was no ticketing system other than a numbering card for keeping track of the numbers inside the shop. Check out was, as usual, stand in the queue and wait your turn. Overall assessment - 9.5 out of 10.

Back