2 questions - USA visas

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Question #1: Once a Thai wife gets her visa to go stay in the USA, permanently (everything goes fine with no issues), HOW LONG does she have to actually USE the visa once she has it? Is there any time limit on when it can/has to be used once approved and stamped in the passport?

Question #2: Same question, but for a 10 year, 6 month at a time, tourist visa once approved and stamped in the passport. Anyone know? I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere on-line.

@Cent ...with apologies for hijacking your thread, but.......if we have any US visa experts I would be interested to learn what my daughter needs to do about getting a visa to follow her partner, who is transferring his job location to Texas

Not certain it will happen but it is possible that my daughter's partner will be relocated Texas. His visa is straight forward and will be handled by the company. My daughter will not have a job to go to, but may work remotely for her existing UK employer.

She thinks they would need to marry for her to move on the back of his visa. I would be interested to know if that is the case - and also, how long does the visa process take?

@Cent ...with apologies for hijacking your thread, but.......if we have any US visa experts I would be interested to learn what my daughter needs to do about getting a visa to follow her partner, who is transferring his job location to Texas

Not certain it will happen but it is possible that my daughter's partner will be relocated Texas. His visa is straight forward and will be handled by the company. My daughter will not have a job to go to, but may work remotely for her existing UK employer.

She thinks they would need to marry for her to move on the back of his visa. I would be interested to know if that is the case - and also, how long does the visa process take?
Can take up to 2 years for recently married. But that is for Thais basically. She's from the UK so I wouldn't think it that hard to do. His employer would likely have the answers to this question. There must be some way to bring over a 'partner' without having to be married. I don't have an answer but I'd look online on the visa websites. I'm just familiar with the Thai visas. :) Maybe some sort of fiancé visa?

Question #1: Once a Thai wife gets her visa to go stay in the USA, permanently (everything goes fine with no issues), HOW LONG does she have to actually USE the visa once she has it? Is there any time limit on when it can/has to be used once approved and stamped in the passport?

Question #2: Same question, but for a 10 year, 6 month at a time, tourist visa once approved and stamped in the passport. Anyone know? I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere on-line.

The visa expiration date is shown on the visa along with the visa issuance date. The time between visa issuance and expiration date is called your visa validity. The visa validity is the length of time you are permitted to travel to a port-of-entry in the United States.

What the Visa Expiration Date Means - travel.gov​

https://www.google.com/search?q=US+visa+when+does+it+expire%3F&rlz=1C5MACD_enTH1090TH1090&oq=US+visa+when+does+it+expire%3F&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCTE0Mzc3ajBqN6gCALACAA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Back